850 evo worth it

harshit singh

Hello,

I was thinking of upgrading my storage solution by getting an ssd for my system. So, the Sandisk SSD plus 240 gb is available for $75 usd in India or go for the 850 evo that is $115 in India.Is it wirth it to spend that amount on the samsung 850 evo because it has really amazing reviews.

it tends to be more reliable

but the sandisk ssd plus isnt that bad

get whichever one you can afford comfortably `-`

i would go for 850 evo because i hate data lost/corruption

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Are the others availalbe? like the Crucial / Adata SSDs etc? must be more than 2 options

honestly there is not that much between them, though the Evos are a great SSD the sandisk is fine and is much cheaper so depends on your available money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Like i can go for the evo no problem and yeah there are some options from from Crucial(BX 100),Adata(premier pro sp600),Hyperx fury and the v300 from kingston around the same price as the sandisk it was just that sandisk has a nice aftersale service here in India.

If you have the choice, I'd recommend getting the samsung, i've got em in all my pcs ranging from 840 evos in raid 0 and 950 pros and they've all been awesome since then.