Alternative to compressed air

Compressed air in a can are the most recommended for PC cleaning. But what if you don't have access to any form of compressed air? Is there any alternatives available like say,using your vacuum cleaner?

4 minutes ago, war4sure said:

Compressed air in a can are the most recommended for PC cleaning. But what if you don't have access to any form of compressed air? Is there any alternatives available like say,using your vacuum cleaner?

I don't know how true this is, but I heard that vacuum cleaners have a lot of static electricity on the end of the nozzle from the dust particles, and this wouldn't be great for your PC. I'm not sure this is true, but I've never tried it myself.

I have a tiny air compressor than I use for my bike tires, I use that. Compressed air is also great. 

A microfiber cloth my do the trick? Or the vacuum, if you consult this thread for help.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

With the internet, compressed air should be possible anyways.
I wouldn't use a vacuum cleaner. Static electricity.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

If it's just for the case? The components were not that dusty.

15 minutes ago, war4sure said:

But what if you don't have access to any form of compressed air?

i use a handpump with a small nozzle (like a football pump) `-`

they dont sell canned air at where im from ._.

dont use a vacuum, static electricity at the tip and what not

unless the tip is plastic, though dont risk it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Buy the O2 Canless Air system! Thats what i use i love it! It is about $79.99 USB but it is worth it because you just charge it and it is more powerful then compressed air, it isnt harmful and pressure lasts longer!

21 minutes ago, Lukiewookie said:

I don't know how true this is, but I heard that vacuum cleaners have a lot of static electricity on the end of the nozzle from the dust particles, and this wouldn't be great for your PC. I'm not sure this is true, but I've never tried it myself.

I have a tiny air compressor than I use for my bike tires, I use that. Compressed air is also great. 

A microfiber cloth my do the trick? Or the vacuum, if you consult this thread for help.

Just curious when people are referring to vacuum cleaner's are they referring to sucking air or blowing air? 

As I have used my Vacuum cleaner many times,with a tape strapped at the end of the nozzle to increase the air pressure and concentrate it at one spot  (It's one of the older bucket design with a port for blowing air and another for sucking) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Just now, Sharif said:

Just curious when people are referring to vacuum cleaner's are they referring to sucking air or blowing air? 

As I have used my Vacuum cleaner many times,with a tape strapped at the end of the nozzle to increase the air pressure and concentrate it at one spot  (It's one of the older bucket design with a port for blowing air and another for sucking) 

I have been vacuuming my PC components for years.  As long as you are careful it is fine.

OP, just blow.  Make sure you don't spit on your parts though.xD

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I have been vacuuming my PC components for years.  As long as you are careful it is fine.

OP, just blow.  Make sure you don't spit on your parts though.xD

Yay fellow vacuum,are you using those vacuum cleaner with a option to blow air? (I am) 

I have done it from a distance as that is all it takes to blow the dust out

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Just now, Sharif said:

Yay fellow vacuum,are you using those vacuum cleaner with a option to blow air? (I am) 

I have done it from a distance as that is all it takes to blow the air out

Nope, all sucking power!  I end up taking my PC apart and wiping everything down (fans and stuff). 

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Nope, all sucking power!  I end up taking my PC apart and wiping everything down (fans and stuff). 

I see that is far too much work for me xD

Ps Thank you for mentioning fans,I can't believe I never thought of just using the vacuum cleaner rather than wiping them 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

25 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i use a handpump with a small nozzle (like a football pump) `-`

they dont sell canned air at where im from ._.

dont use a vacuum, static electricity at the tip and what not

unless the tip is plastic, though dont risk it

Even if the tip is plastic it can still hold a static charge. It just takes a higher voltage to overcome the resistance of the plastic to discharge.

49 minutes ago, war4sure said:

hairdryer at a slight distance with minimum heat. That is probably the second best option

8 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

Even if the tip is plastic it can still hold a static charge. It just takes a higher voltage to overcome the resistance of the plastic to discharge.

Once put together, it is really hard to kill a PC with ESD, mostly because every mobo worthwhile of buying has ESD protection built into it, which will make sure that the PC, when not in use, channels the static directly to ground/chassis for dissipation rather then along the traces.

So you must blow if you wanted to clean your PC with a vacuum cleaner?

I use wet wipes like a man on all my non conductive components like fans, cooler, IHS, dies etc. Got nothing dies on me so far.

Wipe it, dry it, use it

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120