GTX 760 Jerry-rig Square Waterblock

I currently have 2 EVGA GTX 760s with ACX coolers in SLI, and I started overclocking them but ran into limitations very quickly. I happen to have 2 Coolmaster Seidon 120Vs (I was being cheap, god why didn't I buy Corsair) so when I heard about the Kraken G10 I got excited that I could push the temperatures for under $100. Unfortunately the Seidon 120V has a square waterblock. Even if I could find a reference cooler with a blower (If someone has one lying around or knows where I could buy one aftermarket that would be nice), I would still need some kind of mounting bracket right? Has anyone tried this?

I did also stumble upon the Corsair Hydro Series HG10 N970 which uses square waterblocks and only costs $10 more. Has anyone tried this with a Coolmaster block? It doesn't look like it would fit well either.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I mean I can't push the temp and power limit and I can't boost the core clock very far. I've seen the G10 fit on the oversized Classified as well. The whole point of the Kraken G10 was that it's universal right?

The HG10 N970 on the other hand...

4 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

I managed to attach a H110i gt to my 970 by modding the AMD bracket that comes included

That's promising. To be clear were you using a HG10 N970? Either way it means the AMD bracket on my Seidon 120V should work.

18 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I guess worst case scenario I could get a Kraken G10 and just saw the bracket off. Thanks I'll give this some thought.

6 minutes ago, Ironclad17 said:

That's promising.

I guess worst case scenario I could get a Kraken G10 and just saw the bracket off.

There is pictures in this post

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

There is pictures in this post

Awesome! Looks like getting the HG10 N970 and modding the Seidon bracket would be the best way to go then. Take care.

HG10_N970_01.png

8 minutes ago, Ironclad17 said:

Awesome! Looks like getting the HG10 N970 and modding the Seidon bracket would be the best way to go then. Take care.

HG10_N970_01.png

yeah, I would do it

36 minutes ago, Ironclad17 said:

No, people are giving you bad advice. It won't fit due to the non-reference cap placement where the fan is situated. And running it without the bracket risks overheating the VRM's.

Are you even reaching your thermal limits, or are you just trying to desperately +50mhz a pair of dud 760's? Low-end Kepler cards also scale pretty poorly with overclocking, since they're bandwidth bottlenecked.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

No, people are giving you bad advice. It won't fit due to the non-reference cap placement where the fan is situated. And running it without the bracket risks overheating the VRM's.

Are you even reaching your thermal limits, or are you just trying to desperately +50mhz a pair of dud 760's? Low-end Kepler cards also scale pretty poorly with overclocking, since they're bandwidth bottlenecked.

This... 

Sell the two 760s.  Use that money + the 100 -  120 you would have send on bracket and but A single current gen Card. 

EVGA_GeForce_GTX_760_SC_ACX_31.jpg

10 hours ago, NoobCase said:

This... 

Sell the two 760s.  Use that money + the 100 -  120 you would have send on bracket and but A single current gen Card. 

Yeah I could see these capacitors making it pointless, but the bus support will bottleneck it? If you're talking about the memory bandwidth, it's listed as higher than the 960 and only a little behind the 980. Actually the 960 specs look worse. That said I don't think the 760 has good resale value, it's a midtier card and the price for performance of the 980 and 970 is a lot worse. Obviously if this was a new build I would go for the single good card of course.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980/specifications

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-960/specifications

index.png

Well the Kraken G10 has a decent VRM cooler and room for heatsinks and the rear capacitors. I could just take off the round bracket and drill holes in the Seidon mounting bracket. Actually if I'm doing all that it's basically just a fan mount so why even bother with it? I looked around some more and there's a guy that makes universal gpu brackets and fan mounts, but apparently the ziptie method is pretty reliable.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1203528/official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-the-mod

http://www.overclock.net/t/1501480/the-artisan-store-new-products-order-form

This is actually starting to look viable. On the overclock thread they said the Seidon 120V is doable but you need to rotate it so it's a little more awkward. I think I can separate the heatsink from the ACX cooler and fit the waterblock inside with the stock fans. All I need then is a heatsink for the VRM and maybe one of their little universal brackets. To be honest I'm sure I would be better off just getting the funds together for a new high end card, but more than that I wanted to see what gains I could make with a little ingenuity. I'll give this a try in August I think when I have some time off.EVGA_GeForce_GTX_760_SC_ACX_31.jpg