Help me to overclock i5 2500k to 4.5 ghz

Hello everyone. I know there are lots of videos about OC but they differ from each other and I don't know which one is better for me.

I have Hyper 212EVO cooler and under load in linx test temps are 60-62 and voltage is 1.332 at 3.7ghz and 0.991 when idle.

Here are pics of my current bios settings. (Asrock Z77 WS). 

Thx very much.

DSC_0469.JPG

DSC_0470.JPG

DSC_0471.JPG

you won't be having 4.5 GHz on Hyper 212

that cooler is legendary but it's not untouchable

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

you won't be having 4.5 GHz on Hyper 212

that cooler is legendary but it's not untouchable

ok but cooler is not problem i can change it, i want to know settings for 4.5

i mean bring the voltage down in the end but litterally just keep bumping up the multiplier until you get a blue screen then bring it down a bit and stability test it until its perfectly stable for you.

3 minutes ago, shoti said:

it all depends on your chip. people have different chips so you might or might not get 4.5ghz (unless you're pumping lots of voltage in it)

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1.35 volts is going to be your limit for voltage, so just set it to that
and try 4.2GHz on the 2500k first of all. 

1 minute ago, Ronnie76 said:

1.35 volts is going to be your limit for voltage, so just set it to that
and try 4.2GHz on the 2500k first of all. 

i mean once i had 4.5 ghz on offset mode +0.030 and LLC level 3, and under load it was 1.36v,  dunno if its safe but temps were ok

1 minute ago, shoti said:

i mean once i had 4.5 ghz on offset mode +0.030 and LLC level 3, and under load it was 1.36v,  dunno if its safe but temps were ok

for all air coolers, 1.35 volts is safe

anything above, not good. Keep it under 1.35 unless you get a liquid cooler sometime soon then your limits 1.4

Try 4.4Ghz on 1.350v if it passes make your way up...

I found this:

Don't recommend putting a loadline of 100% but for a low voltage on full load wouln't hurt depending on the temps but 90% constant is better than the full 100% lol

3 minutes ago, shoti said:

there are no "the settings for 4.5"

all I can say is that you have to have your multiplier at x45

and you will have to twiggle with core voltage but for all I know the chip might not even work at x45

I don't want to be rude, but when people ask questions like these, it's obvious they don't know what overclocking is, and generally people like that shouldn't be overclocking, because I'd like to rephrase what Linux once said - We do know about the drawbacks, like higher power consumption, higher heat output, instability, and EVEN THEN POSSIBILITY OF HARDWARE DEGRADATION. And if you don't understand that then you shouldn't do it, period.

Read some posts on http://www.overclock3d.net/, browse the overclocking database there or here on linustech, learn a thing or two and hopefully you won't have to ask question like that again.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

there are no "the settings for 4.5"

all I can say is that you have to have your multiplier at x45

and you will have to twiggle with core voltage but for all I know the chip might not even work at x45

I don't want to be rude, but when people ask questions like these, it's obvious they don't know what overclocking is, and generally people like that shouldn't be overclocking, because I'd like to rephrase what Linux once said - We do know about the drawbacks, like higher power consumption, higher heat output, instability, and EVEN THEN POSSIBILITY OF HARDWARE DEGRADATION. And if you don't understand that then you shouldn't do it, period.

Read some posts on http://www.overclock3d.net/, browse the overclocking database there or here on linustech, learn a thing or two and hopefully you won't have to ask question like that again.

a friend of mine started oc'ing his gfx card after a lot of time because he was afraid of ruining it.

We were chatting on ts and after his modest to med oc he said to me: how much fps do you gain when u overclock? I told him 4/5 fps and he said

then he told me then why do you void you warranty, risk damaging the parts, pumping more heat and fan noise for little gains.

I told him: because I like to overclock for the sheer pleasure of doing it :)

7 minutes ago, Schony125 said:

a friend of mine started oc'ing his gfx card after a lot of time because he was afraid of ruining it.

We were chatting on ts and after his modest to med oc he said to me: how much fps do you gain when u overclock? I told him 4/5 fps and he said

then he told me then why do you void you warranty, risk damaging the parts, pumping more heat and fan noise for little gains.

god bless you

26 minutes ago, DXMember said:

plz read my question, i didnt ask you for bla bla bla

13 minutes ago, Schony125 said:

https://youtu.be/Nj4ixZE7EWo?t=1m4s

First thing to do is turn to 100% the fans on you cpu heat sink and get more airflow in your case

Second If you are going for plain frequency you could try to speed up the FSB and lower ram speed so id doesnt go of supported speeds and add the multiplier maybe go for a 125mhz fsb and add to the multiplier.

third you need more voltage increase a little bit the multiplier until you crash then you need to add more voltage.

you could also go for 1 or 2 cores only by disabling the one's u dont need but I think you cpu is 2 core?

nr 4. I like to remove turbo and power saving features to get it more stable

fifth I add some % on load line's and current lines but do very little at the time.

hope this helps

4 minutes ago, Schony125 said:

First thing to do is turn to 100% the fans on you cpu heat sink and get more airflow in your case

Second If you are going for plain frequency you could try to speed up the FSB and lower ram speed so id doesnt go of supported speeds and add the multiplier maybe go for a 125mhz fsb and add to the multiplier.

third you need more voltage increase a little bit the multiplier until you crash then you need to add more voltage.

you could also go for 1 or 2 cores only by disabling the one's u dont need but I think you cpu is 2 core?

nr 4. I like to remove turbo and power saving features to get it more stable

fifth I add some % on load line's and current lines but do very little at the time.

hope this helps

once i had 4.5 ghz on offset mode +0.030 and LLC level 3, and under load it was 1.36v, others all default  dunno if its right way to overclock? but temps were ok

its a 4 core 

1 hour ago, shoti said:

once i had 4.5 ghz on offset mode +0.030 and LLC level 3, and under load it was 1.36v, others all default  dunno if its right way to overclock? but temps were ok

well you should check what the changes were made to you bios to get that but if it was stable and it wasnt overheating you have no problems