Good free Proxy/VPN

Sentryy
Go to solution Solved by Jade,
1 minute ago, Sentryy said:

Are there any paid ones that aren't super expensive?

PrivateInternetAccess, NordVPN, Cryptostorm.

I need a good free proxy/VPN that is free that I can use to hide my IP in skype and in games so it is harder for people to hit me offline. This has been a big issue for me in the past few weeks. Thank you!

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

There are none. If a proxy/VPN is free from anyone you don't know, then you, and potentially your information, are the product.

Cyberghost is the best I think, and call your ISP to change your ip because even if you have a VPN on they can hit you off if they know your ip

google translate works great :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Jade said:

There are none. If a proxy/VPN is free from anyone you don't know, then you, and potentially your information, are the product.

Cyberghost, hotspot shield, tunnel bear

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Cyberghost, hotspot shield, tunnel bear

Limited, known to sell information limited, limited.

3 minutes ago, Jade said:

Limited, known to sell information, limited.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

PrivateInternetAccess, NordVPN, Cryptostorm.

Just now, Jade said:

Limited, known to sell information, limited.

Never had a issue with cyberghost been using it for about 2 years.

Never had a issue with cyberghost been using it for about 2 years.

Speed is limited or they're selling your information. Networking, hardware, and bandwidth are not cheap. Network is probably pretty bad, too.

5 minutes ago, Jade said:

PrivateInternetAccess, NordVPN.

Which one is better? IS it better to pay the extra 2~$ for NordVPN instead of PrivateInternetAccess?

2 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

Kinda a waste to pay monthly for a VPN to not get ddosed unless your work is like live streaming. Just get a ip change and don't do shit to get ddosed

I use CyberGhost. It disconnects you after 3 hours of use and you have to get back into the queue (usually about a minute) for the free servers. I don't see too much of a speed difference either, but that might be because my download speed is capped at 8 MB/s by my ISP. 

Which one is better? IS it better to pay the extra 2~$ for PrivateInternetAccess instead of nordvpn

I used to use PrivateInternetAccess -- stopped in favor of hosting my own, with NordVPN being what I used before that. Both NordVPN and PrivateInternetAccess are excellent and will serve you well. Go with NordVPN if cost is the absolute highest concern.

1 minute ago, Jade said:

Speed is limited or they're selling your information. Networking, hardware, and bandwidth are not cheap. Network is probably pretty bad, too.

For what he needs it works, it unlimited data but it cost money to torrent while using it.

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

For what he needs it works, it unlimited data but it cost money to torrent while using it.

I don't mind paying 7$ a month.

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

What he needs is a low latency, fast VPN. He's playing games. He can't afford to have his ping significantly increased by using a free VPN. Not only that, he needs a very reliable one. You can choose three of the following four: fast, reliable, secure/trusted, free.

Just now, Sentryy said:

I don't mind paying 7$ a month.

But you do realize if you don't change your ip they can still Ddos you.

Just now, Jade said:

What he needs is a low latency, fast VPN. He's playing games. He can't afford to have his ping significantly increased by using a free VPN. Not only that, he needs a very reliable one. You can choose three of the following four: fast, reliable, secure/trusted, free.

My ping goes up by maybe 5 or 6 from 40 ping to 50 ping at most while playing cs go with cyberghost. (My ping is 40 is most games by default)

My ping goes up by maybe 5 or 6 from 40 ping to 50 ping at most while playing cs go with cyberghost. (My ping is 40 is most games by default)

And that's a your mileage may vary situation. What if OP lives in the middle of the US with the nearest server being California, since he doesn't pay? Welp, add a good 30ms at least. Once again, you're giving up something for that service, and it's probably speed or privacy.

1 minute ago, Jade said:

And that's a your mileage may vary situation. What if OP lives in the middle of the US with the nearest server being California, since he doesn't pay? Welp, add a good 30ms at least. Once again, you're giving up something for that service, and it's probably speed or privacy.

Not really as it disconnects you make you wait and advertises while you wait, it's a good VPN and it's free so why not use it

15 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

PrivateInternetAccess is $40 (USD) a year.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Not really as it disconnects you make you wait and advertises while you wait, it's a good VPN and it's free so why not use it

You literally just said why he shouldn't use it....

15 minutes ago, Jade said:

Bandwidth is not cheap...Got a year free from a promotion...hell yea...(although I've used 0KB as I don't need it for now)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Bandwidth is not cheap...Got a year free from a promotion...hell yea...(although I've used 0KB as I don't need it for now)

I know it's not; that's what I said. Promotions and consistently offering and advertising your service as free is another story.