Bought 980ti but I don't see any difference from my old 780 (1080p, 60hz)

RRGT19

the new star wars battlefront 3 ? you should try that with maxed settings on both cards and might be surprised

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Just now, RGT said:

so what i need to do

change to 1440p?

Nothing? If you want to switch to 1440p then go for it. If you don't want to switch, don't switch

I5 4470     -     Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo    -    Asus Strix GTX960    -    12Gb ram    -    Adata SP600 128Gb    -    Seagate 2Tb    -    AsRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer    -    Seasonic M12II EVO 520        

IN WIN 703    -     Dell P2414H    -    LG Flatron M197WDP    -    CMSTORM Quickfire XT with MX blue's    -    Logitech  G502

"To finish first, you first have to finish"

55 minutes ago, RGT said:

Hi,

980ti

i7-6700 non-k

16gb

I had a 780 before this one.

I was playing GTA V at full settings, yeah i saw a little difference in graphics but not a huge difference.

I have changed the settings to Medium and then to High and I felt the same way, there isn't a huge difference.

I feel like if EVGA has stolen my money.

Should I return it and buy a 960 4GB to wait for PASCAL?.

Did you OC that expensive-ass watercooled card you got?

I feel like you probably should have done some research before buying anything.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 hour ago, RGT said:

Hi,

980ti

i7-6700 non-k

16gb

I had a 780 before this one.

I was playing GTA V at full settings, yeah i saw a little difference in graphics but not a huge difference.

I have changed the settings to Medium and then to High and I felt the same way, there isn't a huge difference.

I feel like if EVGA has stolen my money.

Should I return it and buy a 960 4GB to wait for PASCAL?.

Time for some DSR - thats the biggest difference you can achieve. 

Reality is at 1080p your 780 wasnt too shabby.

if you run at 1440p or even 4k though the difference between those two cards will be "unplayable" and "playable"

If you don't plan on moving from 1080p 60hz for the next 12 months and can return the card with no loss of money, then do it, sit on your 780 until big pascal / vega is released and upgrade to those instead. I exepct games in a year might not run so well on your 780 but honestly if you stay on 1080p you wont notice much improvement in fidelity at all.

If you can afford to. go buy a 2560x1440 / 3440x1440 screen and keep the 980ti.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Hey if you dont like the card, sell it to me for a cheap price. I'm looking to SLI-up the beast.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k @ 4.2GHz - CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA - RAM: 2x8GB Cosair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz  - GPU: EVGA GEFORCE 980 Ti ACX2.0+ - Case: NZXT ATX Mid Tower CA-H442W-M1  - Storage:  1x Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, 1x WD Black 6TB - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2 80+ BRONZE Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Stealth

Just now, Nadim Asaduzzaman said:

Hey if you dont like the card, sell it to me for a cheap price. I'm looking to SLI-up the beast.

amazon can give me more than you, i'm pretty sure.. i think, i hope.

i don't know why i can not see difference :( very disappointed here

@RGT Like everybody else says - if you wanna play at 1080p/60hz, you can honestly keep the 780 or even get a 960 or a 970 (which I have and recommend for 1080p) and save yourself some money.

But if you want to play at 1440p/144hz/4k with the right monitor meant for those resolutions... the 970 *CAN* do it but not as well as the 980ti. That one takes the cake and the bacon from that point onward. So it's your decision as to what resolution you plan on playing on. 

Personally, if you don't mind 1080p resolutions - exchange for a 970 G1 or FTW and get some $$$ back to put it towards something else later down the road. One of these days the 980 ti's are going to DROP in price when newer cards come out, so that's something to consider as well.

Like I said, depends on what resolution you plan on playing at. 

Just now, GTRetro87 said:

@RGT Like everybody else says - if you wanna play at 1080p/60hz, you can honestly keep the 780 or even get a 960 or a 970 (which I have and recommend for 1080p) and save yourself some money.

But if you want to play at 1440p/144hz/4k with the right monitor meant for those resolutions... the 970 *CAN* do it but not as well as the 980ti. That one takes the cake and the bacon from that point onward. So it's your decision as to what resolution you plan on playing on. 

Personally, if you don't mind 1080p resolutions - exchange for a 970 G1 or FTW and get some $$$ back to put it towards something else later down the road. One of these days the 980 ti's are going to DROP in price when newer cards come out, so that's something to consider as well.

Like I said, depends on what resolution you plan on playing at. 

I'll keep 1080p for a while, for at least 5-6 months.

Should I return this and buy a 960 to wait for PASCAL?.

Maybe when pascal is on sell I can buy a monitor too.

1 hour ago, RGT said:

amazon can give me more than you, i'm pretty sure.. i think, i hope.

i don't know why i can not see difference :( very disappointed here

Please

Stfu.

Please.

High settings with 980ti will be the EXACT same as high settings between a 780. Same thing for ultra. The only thing that changes IS fps. If benchmarking the same resolution and game setting, it does not change the "betterness' of the game. It changes the "playability".

Tl;dr ( as I bet you didn't read the rest)

The game will stay the same in visual.between both cards. It just increases the fps.

13 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Please

Stfu.

Please.

High settings with 980ti will be the EXACT same as high settings between a 780. Same thing for ultra. The only thing that changes IS fps. If benchmarking the same resolution and game setting, it does not change the "betterness' of the game. It changes the "playability".

Tl;dr ( as I bet you didn't read the rest)

The game will stay the same in visual.between both cards. It just increases the fps.

Thank you. Reading this thread was hard.

@RGT you need to understand that your monitor is bottlenecking you. You have 1080p 60hz monitor. It is not going to be more crisp, more smooth, or more outstanding. You guy a 980ti to prepare for future games that will not run on your 780 in about 6-7 months. Instead of asking constantly should you sell, compare the two cards on a graph or gpu boss. Here i'll even do you the favor, Graph Now please look at these and realize the difference. It may not be seeable to the eye but in the next couple of months when higher titles get release your 780 because more and more obsolete as the 980ti is got a good amount of time left on it. So im going to tell you everyone else has been telling you. Don't sell your 980ti. If you do, go back to your 780 and wait for Pascal. There's no point in going to a 970 or 960 if you don't see the difference in a 980ti. Now this last part is an assumption. It sounds like you're not happy with it because you made an impulse buy and was expecting better performance. Now with impulse buys this is a common mistake, but don't be rude to the people trying to help you. We are here to help and you are just ignoring all of what we have to say. Thank you

10 minutes ago, iasianxmofoii said:

Thank you. Reading this thread was hard.

@RGT you need to understand that your monitor is bottlenecking you. You have 1080p 60hz monitor. It is not going to be more crisp, more smooth, or more outstanding. You guy a 980ti to prepare for future games that will not run on your 780 in about 6-7 months. Instead of asking constantly should you sell, compare the two cards on a graph or gpu boss. Here i'll even do you the favor, Graph Now please look at these and realize the difference. It may not be seeable to the eye but in the next couple of months when higher titles get release your 780 because more and more obsolete as the 980ti is got a good amount of time left on it. So im going to tell you everyone else has been telling you. Don't sell your 980ti. If you do, go back to your 780 and wait for Pascal. There's no point in going to a 970 or 960 if you don't see the difference in a 980ti. Now this last part is an assumption. It sounds like you're not happy with it because you made an impulse buy and was expecting better performance. Now with impulse buys this is a common mistake, but don't be rude to the people trying to help you. We are here to help and you are just ignoring all of what we have to say. Thank you

Thanks for doing us a little favor so the little bitch doesn't yell at us. 

Asks for help and acts ungrateful and rude.

@RGT high on a 780 is the exact same as high on a 980 ti. High on a 650 ti boost is the same as high on a 980 ti. It's not your card... It's the game or the monitor.

And yeah, GTA 5 looks pretty good on the lower settings. It doesn't get drastically better from medium to high.

thats because the 780ti and the titan are the same except for memory and some cuda cores so of course the 780 is better than a 980 

11 hours ago, RGT said:

so what i need to do

change to 1440p?

I think you should send me your GTX 980 Ti, and i will send you my GTX 960 since you are using 1080P 60hz.

Problem solved. 

but be honest, GTX 980 Ti should have a big difference compared to the GTX 780

switch to 4k , and you will notice the difference. 

11 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

the new star wars battlefront 3 ? you should try that with maxed settings on both cards and might be surprised

sorry no. i have a 780 ti with 2 xeons and the 780 runs way hot. the 750 would get roasted

2 hours ago, canadiansteve2 said:

sorry no. i have a 780 ti with 2 xeons and the 780 runs way hot. the 750 would get roasted

Not helping

Hello,
Do not misunderstand me. I do not want to upset anyone.
Sorry for my bad English is not my first language.

I try to do my best to express myself, I do not want anyone to be upset because of me.

I appreciate and value every advice you have given me.

At the end I returned the GPU.

1 hour ago, RGT said:

Hello,
Do not misunderstand me. I do not want to upset anyone.
Sorry for my bad English is not my first language.

I try to do my best to express myself, I do not want anyone to be upset because of me.

I appreciate and value every advice you have given me.

At the end I returned the GPU.

Why would you go from a 780 to a 980ti to a 960? And why would you buy a 980ti if you're already maxing games and getting solid 60fps at 1080p on almost every game with the 780? And you said you play the division, so you should notice a huge difference because that is a hard game to run at max even at 1080p. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Don't make op feels bad guys....><

I think he needs a better monitor. 1440p @144Hz or 2k/4k monitor.

For me I notice a huge difference when I change the graphic settings from ultra to high in witcher 3. 

The game lost a lot of details. Again I am using a 1440p monitor with a gtx 780.

His monitor is bottlenecking his GPU. That's it.

If he did return it, that is his choice.

No more discussion needed.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

The 980Ti is wasted with a 1080p 60Hz Display.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO