Help Me With My High school Project All About F@H! (No team switch)

Hey everyone! I'll keep this short, My name is Zipper and im a sophomore in high school, one of the requirements for my school is that all 10th graders write a 7-10 page paper about something they have a passion for, and then complete some sort of action step regarding that topic. My topic is distributed computing and its modern day applications such as F@H.

My action step is actually pretty simple, id like anyone willing to do the following

1.mark how many points you currently have as reference

2.Let F@H run normally

3.on April 14th send me a message or comment here with how many points you gained

4.Feel good that you helped some high school guy get a good grade on a very important project.

After that ill compile all the numbers into a grand total, and use that data for the final part of my project.

If you decide to do this, thank you so much! I really do appreciate it.

7 - 10 pages of essay?! Jesus, that is college freshmen assignment. I can't write an essay that is more than 2 or 3 pages without going off topic or losing my focus. 

1 minute ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

7 - 10 pages of essay?! Jesus, that is college freshmen assignment. I can't write an essay that is more than 2 or 3 pages without going off topic or losing my focus. 

Yea my high school some of the most rigorous material, high graduation percentage for college, but damn if it doesn't wear me out

7-10? no that sounds like a high school assignment, provided it's like a semester long thing. I had a 15 page paper due for my college composition class, along with a 3-4 page paper due every week.

I'll help you out, I'm currently at 10,756,939 but I only have it running on one computer at the moment due to a high electricity bill from running 3 at one point, whoops. @zipperbiscuits If you don't hear back from me on the 14th, send me a message as I might've forgotten.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

I currently have 239,638,457 points. I will try to remember to get

back to you. I am not the most dependable person though :P 

It's really cool that you decided to write about distributed computing,
thumbs up.
╱╱┏╮
╱╱┃┃
▉━╯┗━╮
▉┈┈┈┈┃
▉╮┈┈┈┃
╱╰━━━╯

You could do some tracking for yourself here: 
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=223518
or here:
 http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=223518

9 hours ago, Howlingwolf101 said:

7-10? no that sounds like a high school assignment, provided it's like a semester long thing. I had a 15 page paper due for my college composition class, along with a 3-4 page paper due every week.

I'll help you out, I'm currently at 10,756,939 but I only have it running on one computer at the moment due to a high electricity bill from running 3 at one point, whoops. @zipperbiscuits If you don't hear back from me on the 14th, send me a message as I might've forgotten.

Sounds great! Thank you so much, also the paper was gonna be a 10 page that we had 2 months to do, but they changed their minds halfway through so everyone was freaking out because we had 2 weeks till thanksgiving break (the due date)

1 hour ago, tobben said:

I currently have 239,638,457 points. I will try to remember to get

back to you. I am not the most dependable person though :P 

It's really cool that you decided to write about distributed computing,
thumbs up.
╱╱┏╮
╱╱┃┃
▉━╯┗━╮
▉┈┈┈┈┃
▉╮┈┈┈┃
╱╰━━━╯

You could do some tracking for yourself here: 
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=223518
or here:
 http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=223518

Thanks so much! This is really gonna help!

3 hours ago, Johnny K. said:

Hey Zipper, currently i'm at 673,817, i'll try to update this.

Happy to help!

Thanks a lot man! Really Appreciate it!

I don't remember how many points I have, I know I should have 8 WUs.

Okay well I have 1,000 pts, 8 WUs

Also another Minnesotan, cool. (Also I'm a Sophomore too. Fortunate I don't have any of that kind of writing stuff of 7+ pages.)

(I don't fold often and I don't have very powerful hardware so 1 WU takes about 40mins to an hour)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

26 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I don't remember how many points I have, I know I should have 8 WUs.

Okay well I have 1,000 pts, 8 WUs

Also another Minnesotan, cool. (Also I'm a Sophomore too. Fortunate I don't have any of that kind of writing stuff of 7+ pages.)

(I don't fold often and I don't have very powerful hardware so 1 WU takes about 40mins to an hour)

No worries man, every bit helps. What area of MN are you in? im in edina down in the cities. (Luckily i grew up in minneapolis, so no edina rich kid stereotypes here)

1 minute ago, zipperbiscuits said:

No worries man, every bit helps. What area of MN are you in? im in edina down in the cities. (Luckily i grew up in minneapolis, so no edina rich kid stereotypes here)

Well yeah that's why I'll sit around 45 minutes to an hour just to get one WU done because contributing to Distributed Computing is still useful even if you don't have much computing Horsepower to provide.

Anyways I'm over yonder. lol I'm Northeast of Minneapolis by about 30 minutes (20 or so miles).

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I'm Northeast of Minneapolis by about 30 minutes (20 or so miles).

Sweet, well thanks again man really appreciate it!

8 minutes ago, wcreek said:

What?

For helping me out with the project, i appreciate it! (honestly didnt think i would get any response on this post)

Just now, zipperbiscuits said:

For helping me out with the project, i appreciate it! (honestly didnt think i would get any response on this post)

Yeah the LTT community can be pretty helpful for quite a few things.

I started folding a year ago, I had to quit and now Im back. Im 8.332.467.

4 minutes ago, MrLomax said:

I started folding a year ago, I had to quit and now Im back. Im 8.332.467.

Nice, well thanks for helping me out bud, really appreciate it.

1,019,333 as of 06 Apr 16. Screenshot on page 85 in main folding thread,

Not sure if it helps, but I'm at a grand total of 9.519.898. And it's going to stay that way; I'm not folding anymore.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

06 Apr 2016

Total points: 263,214,645

Total WUs: 23,468

TuCaXuS.png

Feel free to remind me if I forget to post the results on 14 Apr (I probably will).

Edited by tobben
Removed empty space

How do we join your team thing?

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

14 minutes ago, bobdabiulder said:

How do we join your team thing?

No team switch required! just post a comment with your current amount of points, then in the 14th, edit the comment and add your new total, or just the amount you gained in that time

Hey everyone! Things have changed a bit, if you could send me your amount of points gained by wednesday the 13th id appreciate it!

Thanks for all your help

22190002 points currently. It's only not folding when I'm gaming. Rig's in my signature. I actually got my GPU overclock up 20mhz yesterday after figuring out I can push it higher since f@h doesn't really use the memory. I hope you get enough data! :)

Edit: it might be useful for you to get the team data in addition to specific member data so you can see what we're doing as a whole. 

i7-4790K | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | Corsair 350D | 256GB Crucial MX100 / 1TB WD Blue | Corsair RM 650 | NH-U12S
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9XN2dC | http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Deil_Grist

On 5.4.2016 at 1:31 PM, tobben said:

I currently have 239,638,457 points. 

Well, today is the big day. 

242,615,296 -  239,638,457 = 2,976,839

So there you have it.  

@Howlingwolf101 @Johnny K. @wcreek 

@levibaker88 @MrLomax @DESTROYER17

(It was changed to the 13'th)