How can I achieve something like this

So I made a similar thread a few days ago and now im almost dead set on using the Inwin 805 for my next build log.

I want to recreate something like this.

I asked inwin on their forums if I could use some of the clips from the video but I still havent got a reply, the 805 I want isnt red so I can only use so many clips, would I be able to make up the rest of the footage bearing in mind I dont have a slider or a backdrop?

how about making something original instead of copying someone else's work "frame by frame" ?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

how about making something original instead of copying someone else's work "frame by frame" ?

If Inwin give me the go ahead then its fine, if they dont i'll do something completely different. Its just an advertisement video.

6 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

If Inwin give me the go ahead then its fine, if they dont i'll do something completely different. Its just an advertisement video.

no, just make your own content, dont use someone else's stuff, its wrong even if they gave you permission

its like "look at this PC which i built" but the video contains stuff from a different PC

thats called false advertisement

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There are DIY tricks for using skateboard wheels to make your one sliders and dollies.  You can even use dining tabletop turning wheels, I forgot what they're called.

What is your camera?

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

I agree with this statement, however I can also understand why it might not be easy to create your own original style, in terms of camera movement and visual effects.  As for using certain parts of someone's video in your own build log, if they give you permission go ahead. But now that we are aware that you might not have filmed some of those scenes (when your build log video comes out)...

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

its like "look at this PC which i built" but the video contains stuff from a different PC

Take Quentin Tarantino as an example, if you are a bit of a cinema buff you will recognize that many of his videos contain tributes (meaning he copies) to the artistic creativity/styles of previous directors and producers. However he does manage to add a bit of his own twist.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

52 minutes ago, ALwin said:

I agree with this statement, however I can also understand why it might not be easy to create your own original style, in terms of camera movement and visual effects.  As for using certain parts of someone's video in your own build log, if they give you permission go ahead. But now that we are aware that you might not have filmed some of those scenes (when your build log video comes out)...

I'm not saying make a completely new style..

I'm saying dont just copy paste someone else's footage of someone else's PC

If he wants to make a video that looks like that, then sure record your PC with the same pans and rotations and effects or whatever

The point is that you record YOUR pc with YOUR camera when making a video or ad of it, otherwise its just ripping off someone else's work

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

no, just make your own content, dont use someone else's stuff, its wrong even if they gave you permission

thats called false advertisement

I literally meant the two or three seconds that shows the front and the top of the case which isn't unique to that particular build that inwin did.

6 hours ago, Overkilled said:

I literally meant the two or three seconds that shows the front and the top of the case which isn't unique to that particular build that inwin did.

why can't you do that yourself though? all you need is a camera...

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, DerakDerantick said:

When he's not selling anything?

he mentioned it was an ad

you dont need to sell anything for something to be an ad :)

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, DerakDerantick said:

Where? I can't seem to find that.

oh nvm i read wrong, he was talking about inwins video not the video he was making

my bad

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

he mentioned it was an ad

you dont need to sell anything for something to be an ad :)

No you miss understood the inwin video is just an ad, the video I wanna make its a video build log/project type thing

Edit: nevermind.

Edited by Overkilled
Just read comment

11 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

snip

If it's just for yourself, and if the owners of the video clips you want to use give you permission with whatever condition they place (like giving them credits or putting their logo for those shots), it doesn't matter.  Maybe one day you'll learn how to do those shots yourself and replace them.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

13 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

No you miss understood the inwin video is just an ad, the video I wanna make its a video build log/project type thing

Edit: nevermind.

:)

Spoiler