Dell upgrades Precision workstation for VR

NumLock21

hrmubp.jpg

Dell today announced new Virtual Reality-ready solutions that feature refined criteria for optimal VR experience, whether consuming or creating VR content.

Dell has jumped on the VR bandwagon by upgrading their current line of Precision workstations to support VR. The workstations are targeted towards the professionals, who are looking to create VR content. To meet those who want to create VR content, these line of workstations will have the minimum hardware requirements to have the optimal VR viewing experiences, certified grahpic drivers, to make sure VR works properly, and pass VR benchmark performance tests for Head Mounted Displays, such as the current HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, ISVs and other 3rd party benchmark tests.
The upgraded Dell Precision workstations will support the latest Intel Xeon Broadwell-EP processors, most likely up to 22 cores, latest Nvidia and AMD graphics, while they did not say which one, it's most likely workstation ones like AMD FirePro and Nvidia Quadro. Up to 1TB of memory at DDR4 2400MHz, and Dell's Precision ultra speed PCIe drives, that are 4 times faster than traditional SATA SSD drives. My guess would be, they're most likely NVME drives. Other Dell proprietary technology includes Dell Intel CAS-W cache acceleration, Dell Precision Optimizer, that automatically tunes the system to 22 application profiles and Dell's patented Reliable Memory Technology. It even comes with liquid cooling solutions so the components runs cool and quiet. The upgrades applies to their Dell Precision Tower 5810, 7810, 7910 series workstations, and their Rack 7910 systems. Upgrades are available staring April 5th.

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/press-releases/2016-03-31-dell-reveals-more-configurations-for-virtual-reality-pcs

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Not being an ass but what's the point of having workstations jumping into the VR bandwagon?

EDIT: See the reason now

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

This will probably run something like a Fury X or Radeon Pro Duo.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

2 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

Not being an ass but what's the point of having Workstations jumping into the VR bandwagon?

Did you read the post?

3 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

Not being an ass but what's the point of having workstations jumping into the VR bandwagon?

In order for you to enjoy VR, the creators must make VR and this is where these workstation comes in. VR aren't pulled magically from someone's ass.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

The employees behind the workstations to watch VR (rape) p0rn.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

48 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

The employees behind the workstations to watch VR (rape) p0rn.

WTF

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to get that case alone? For some reason I dont know, I feel it looks amazing. My eyes just want to keep looking at it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle Gaming said:

Is it possible to get that case alone? For some reason I dont know, I feel it looks amazing. My eyes just want to keep looking at it.

They've been using it for years. If you look around on ebay, you'll probably find a case.

On 01/04/2016 at 3:52 AM, Citadelen said:

This will probably run something like a Fury X or Radeon Pro Duo.

Quadros, Tesla & FirePro. Tesla is via CTO.

High end 3D cards:
NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000
NVIDIA® Quadro® K5200

Mid-range 3D cards:
AMD FirePro™ W7100
AMD FirePro™ W5100
NVIDIA Quadro K4200
NVIDIA Quadro K2200

Entry 3D cards:
AMD FirPro W4100
AMD FirePro W2100
NVIDIA Quadro K620
NVIDIA Quadro K420

Professional 2D cards: (not ISV certified)
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 510
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 315
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310

One place I would like to see VR get picked up.

Game design. Not for creating games for VR (at least, not ONLY for games for VR) but for designing "normal" games for monitors. Would be interesting to see if VR can increase efficiency for creating 3d objects to be rendered in the game world.

Someone needs to adapt Blender and something like Unreal Engine 4 to work with VR hand controls. So you can create and sculpt objects, using your hands, in VR.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

29 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

One place I would like to see VR get picked up.

Game design. Not for creating games for VR (at least, not ONLY for games for VR) but for designing "normal" games for monitors. Would be interesting to see if VR can increase efficiency for creating 3d objects to be rendered in the game world.

Someone needs to adapt Blender and something like Unreal Engine 4 to work with VR hand controls. So you can create and sculpt objects, using your hands, in VR.

Epic got that idea a couple of months ago, although it was originally implemented for VR games and content, you don't have to change a thing for the content made to be used in normal games on any platform

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here