Headphones(not headset) for my Asus STX Essence

Agons

A few months ago i got my Asus STX which sound really nice though my new speakers, but i have an old pair of wireless headphones. I'd like to really take advantage of the headphone amp in my sound card. since it does not do anything for wireless i was wondering what other people have used or think due to the output spec of the asus essence STX:

Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) (Front-out) :

124 dB

Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) (Headphone-out) :

117 dB

Input Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) :

118 dB

Output THD+N at 1kHz (Front-out) :

>0.0003 %(-110 dB)

Output THD+N at 1kHz (Headphone-out) :

>0.001 %(-100 dB)

Frequency Response (-3dB, 16bit/44.1KHz input) :

10 Hz to 90 KHz

Output/Input Full-Scale Voltage :

Unbalanced Output : 2 Vrms (5.65 Vp-p)

Any thoughts?

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

not sure about you guys but i got beyerdynamic dt 770 pro paired with my essence stx sound card

it's pretty awesome like the look of it sits well with the large cups, awesome sound. And it wont make you go completely bankrupt

games fps mmo strategy? music, EDM rap classical blues? tastes, clarity soundstage accuracy bassy (dark) or bright? movies?

what happened to the guy who was going to make the sticky, there is so much needed to know before you can recommend a headphone.

thats a good point. dont forget about budget!

games fps mmo strategy? music, EDM rap classical blues? tastes, clarity soundstage accuracy bassy (dark) or bright? movies?

what happened to the guy who was going to make the sticky, there is so much needed to know before you can recommend a headphone.

Alot of fps and mmo, plus everything from classical to dubstep, so more of a all around good clarity headphones

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

thats a good point. dont forget about budget!
I'm not sure how much they can cost, im assuming i don't want to spend more than $250

id go with the dt 770, AKG K701/702, AKG Q701 or HiFiMan HE-300. those are my suggestions. im assuming youre in the U.S.

is noise isolation important?

For an open headphone i agree with NewKID the Hifiman HE-300 are great. Or possibly the Sony MA-900.

For a closed headphone i would look at the AiAiAi TMA-1 Studio or AKG K550.

Headset

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm gonna get some DT770 pro, amazon has a nice price cut on them atm! Thanks for all the input!