2 Modems, 2 DSL Lines, 1 House... Is It Possible?

Hey, 

Haven't really ever used forums, so bare with this post. 

Basically, l live in a farming village in the UK. My house is quite old with thick solid walls through out most of it, so a decent WiFi connection is impossible throughout half of the house, the wiring is also pretty old so Ethernet Powerlines are more or less useless.  I was wondering as I have a DSL line in one of the other rooms, would it even work if I bought a second modem for that part of my house or would it just not work? 

if you have an answer or any other suggestions regarding my issue, please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Ste.

if you have two phone lines, you can have two modems.

as for the wiring, did you test this? old wiring sometimes does better than new wiring. (sometimes also a lot, lot worse...)

My ISP supplied some £60 TP Link "EoP"s and it was slower than running a long ethernet cable through the house:|

I've been thinking of something similar, but to "double" my internet speed. But what I've gotten out of it it will probably work, but you will have to pay for both modems. (Two internet subscriptions)

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

If things are similar over there as they were a few years ago in the states, it should work fine. In 2012, I was able to use two DSL (AT&T) modems just fine. You won't double your speed if you succeed, you would double your bandwidth. 

|My Rig| |Intel Core i5-6600K @ 4.70GHz| |GT 740| |16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2133MHz| |240GB PNY SSD, 1TB WD Blue (RAID 0), 320GB Backup Drive| |Corsair 600C| |EVGA Supernove 850 G2|