Ap stats survey, help a brother out, Google Chrome main browser, yes or no

Arty
Just now, iUSEMAC said:

Chrome is basically a memory hogger. I'll recommend you to use Firefox.

sure breh

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, ZetZet said:

sure breh

Thx :)

1 minute ago, iUSEMAC said:

Chrome is basically a memory hogger. I'll recommend you to use Firefox.

I mean if you have at least 6gb of ram,  you should be fine. 

chrome does just fine for me.

besides, the only case i know of a browser using a lot of memory was a dude with firefox using 7/8GB system memory to load in his 30-something tabs.

Chrome all the way for me.

Incognito mode and all.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

9 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

sure breh

I've used chrome for years but when I encountered memory leakage I switched to Firefox. Since I've a crappy PC firefox did the job for me. It had many of the popular add-ons which I used in chrome.

Chrome is my main and will always be as its feature to sync it's settings with my google account makes reinstalling a breeze.

I have been using chrome for years (since the original mac release). I have tried switching but have always found the other browsers noticeably slower.

54 minutes ago, iUSEMAC said:

I've used chrome for years but when I encountered memory leakage I switched to Firefox. Since I've a crappy PC firefox did the job for me. It had many of the popular add-ons which I used in chrome.

if you found a bug which leaked memory it doesn't mean chrome always leaks memory and that is it's main function.

Firefox has outdated touch support, proprietary account sync instead of using your existing accounts and it pooped itself on me too many times, especially when dealing with java stuff.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Firefox is my main browser, just because it provides the smoothest browsing experience and has much less annoyances, but I use Chrome for Flash content (like Twitch).

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

besides, the only case i know of a browser using a lot of memory was a dude with firefox using 7/8GB system memory to load in his 30-something tabs.

I wonder how many addons he had. Recently I had ~70 tabs opened and Firefox's RAM usage was around 1.3GB.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I've used firefox for a long time, but now that it just hogs ram and has crappy account embed, so i switched over to chrome. loved it. even though it uses ram up through more processes, its better because if there's a process hogging ram, i can simply kill it, and that's a breeze with windows 10 because i can see which process is taking up more ram, with windows 7 its kinda risky bc you can end the entire browser. and now that i reinstalled windows 10 on my pc, i never bothered reinstalling firefox bc i never think i would need it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 hours ago, Pandalf said:

Firefox is my main browser, just because it provides the smoothest browsing experience and has much less annoyances, but I use Chrome for Flash content (like Twitch).

I wonder how many addons he had. Recently I had ~70 tabs opened and Firefox's RAM usage was around 1.3GB.

nothing, just tabs.

I've used chrome for a long time. I've played with Firefox a few times but always found myself back on chrome. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro