Regarding Win7's Desktop Background... Is it possible to layer two images by way of using Themes?

Hi guys,

What I am asking about is kinda weird, but just try and follow me on this. 

So I have a watermark that I need on 50 computers. However, at the same time, I would like to allow the users to customize their backgrounds themselves. 

Is it possible to have the default theme on all these computers overlay the watermark, being somewhat transparent, onto the default background of the user's choice? 

Just thought I would ask the community here as I research it elsewhere. 

Thanks,
Vitalius

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

At my school they use the bginfo.exe to make the watermarks. It disappers if you change the wallpaper but comes back after restart within the school network

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Hi guys,

What I am asking about is kinda weird, but just try and follow me on this. 

So I have a watermark that I need on 50 computers. However, at the same time, I would like to allow the users to customize their backgrounds themselves. 

Is it possible to have the default theme on all these computers overlay the watermark, being somewhat transparent, onto the default background of the user's choice? 

Just thought I would ask the community here as I research it elsewhere. 

Thanks,

Vitalius

Nothing that I know of, but I suspect you could modify the triggers and events of the "This Copy of Windows is not genuine" mark to make an automatic dummy event. You might be able to change font and you should be able to change text.

There's probably an easier way, because you'd be pioneering.

Error: 410

There may be an easier way but  if it's possible for you to install Rainmeter and make a custom code for it to display a given image and then you could move it to wherever you want and lock it and set it to be bellow everything else. It shouldn't be too difficult to do. Then again it may be easy to turn off by the users of the PCs. If you think that wouldn't be a problem I'll see if I can make an app like that for you :P

At my school they use the bginfo.exe to make the watermarks. It disappers if you change the wallpaper but comes back after restart within the school network

Do you know where that .exe file is located? Is it a download you need like freeware or is it in the default Windows 7 OS?

Nothing that I know of, but I suspect you could modify the triggers and events of the "This Copy of Windows is not genuine" mark to make an automatic dummy event. You might be able to change font and you should be able to change text.

There's probably an easier way, because you'd be pioneering.

Eh. I was hoping more so for an image/watermark like thing. I thought of that though. Thanks :D.

There may be an easier way but  if it's possible for you to install Rainmeter and make a custom code for it to display a given image and then you could move it to wherever you want and lock it and set it to be bellow everything else. It shouldn't be too difficult to do. Then again it may be easy to turn off by the users of the PCs. If you think that wouldn't be a problem I'll see if I can make an app like that for you :P

Yes, found an easier way. :D Though I am still interested in that bginfo.exe program thingie as I would prefer not to have to install anything if it is already a part of Windows 7 OS. 

Thanks guys.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have no idea as I'm not an admin nor do I have any experience with it. but just by googling it, it seems to be an program that microsoft has for download on their website. So you probably have to install it @Vitalius. And sorry for making you wait for an answer, I was distracted by war thunder

I have no idea as I'm not an admin nor do I have any experience with it. but just by googling it, it seems to be an program that microsoft has for download on their website. So you probably have to install it @Vitalius. And sorry for making you wait for an answer, I was distracted by war thunder

It is all right bro. I figured out a legitimate way to make Overlay Wallpaper work. It does not require installation and can be run from anywhere due to that. There is a network drive that everyone on these computers share, so I will be making a batch file that will put a shortcut to it in their startup folders and having them all run it themselves. I will also be locking down the .ini file it creates by making it read only so that they cannot edit the settings. 

I am the most efficient (read: lazy) engineer evar.

† Christian Member †

It is all right bro. I figured out a legitimate way to make Overlay Wallpaper work. It does not require installation and can be run from anywhere due to that. There is a network drive that everyone on these computers share, so I will be making a batch file that will put a shortcut to it in their startup folders and having them all run it themselves. I will also be locking down the .ini file it creates by making it read only so that they cannot edit the settings. 

I am the most efficient (read: lazy) engineer evar.

That's good lazy is always the best. And being an exe it has crashed twice on my crappy laptop, so it's not 100% reliable, but nothing is I guess

i dont think you can use bginfo to make a water mark you can show computer info on the desktop 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

i dont think you can use bginfo to make a water mark you can show computer info on the desktop 

Those could possibly be used as a watermark, and it should be able to display company logos too as it can display town emblems

Those could possibly be used as a watermark, and it should be able to display company logos too as it can display town emblems

ah yeah but dont you have to be in a domain 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

No you can't. You can only have 1 wallpaper at a time. You need a program that either:

-> Takes the wallpaper image, adds the watermark/picture, and saves it before the account loads

-> Overlays itself on the desktop, kinda like Rainmeter.