Guys... I caved... I bought it

threadysparrow

Am I a horrible person?

I kept saying that I am going to wait for it to go down a bit in price before buying it... Maybe I could get it this Christmas. Then I will have something to look forward to at Christmas.

but then about an hour ago I saw that the Microsoft Store is giving out a $20 Xbox Gift Card when you pre order. So I did the math and said, "I am basically paying $40 for the game because it comes with a free $20 thing. How long until it is down that much in price? 6 months? These high caliber super popular games take many months to go down just $10 alone."

So I went ahead and bought the damn game...

I talked a lot of shit on here about waiting a while and maybe waiting for the PC version, but when push came to shove, I caved and pre ordered it.

I have to wait about a week before I get it so at least there is a little anticipation and build up.

Please reassure me that it was worth it. Every reviewer on youtube gave it super high marks. IGN, Adam Sessler, Gameinformer, all of them.

*Starts crying like a b****

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I don't even know what game you're talking about.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Lets leave this guy alone for a while.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hello kitty island adventures

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Oh come on. My post is supposed to lead you into the general direction of the game I am talking about but not actually explicitly tell you what game.

Hint: What console game has received the most coverage on LTT?

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I think most of us know what game you're talking about, but you didn't mention it a single time by name in your post :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Oh come on. My post is supposed to lead you into the general direction of the game I am talking about but not actually explicitly tell you what game.

Hint: What console game has received the most coverage on LTT?

Well you said "I have to wait about a week before I get it so at least there is a little anticipation and build up."

Which is after GTA V comes out.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Well you said "I have to wait about a week before I get it so at least there is a little anticipation and build up."

Which is after GTA V comes out.

Yeah but I got the free shipping option when I ordered it just a little while ago... And I am not telling you what game it was, you have to guess! YOU MUST GUESS!... ... FOR SCIENCE!

I've had enough science in college ;_;

I've had enough science in college ;_;

siiiiiiigggghhhhh...... ... ... ... goddammit

This made me chuckle for some reason. I don't chuckle often, 'twas a nice experience, thank you.

Anywho, what's with all the hype around GTA? I've never understood that... Horrible games and gameplay ever since GTA 2 (which was a masterpiece).

*Dodges all flaming bullets matrix-style*

Cheers,

Linus

GAT V for saints row?

Yeah yeah its overhypedTA 5 gj man, go cry now "sigh" i still remeber the fuzz over gta 4 then that 10/10 score and aaalll the buggs and whatnot...had a great laugh with my friends that first week. I wonder if that car bump ragdoll thing is in gta 5 aswell. Hmmm

meh so what

i own a JB ps3

i wont even play GTAV

IV was a huge disappointment

HELP NIKO WANT TO GO BAWLING !!!!

GOD DAMN IT !!!!!

ill  probably play it some years from now when i super bored

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Ummm so what game is he talking about? Because he cant preorder GTA 5 anymore as its out

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

meh so what

i own a JB ps3

i wont even play GTAV

IV was a huge disappointment

HELP NIKO WANT TO GO BAWLING !!!!

GOD DAMN IT !!!!!

ill  probably play it some years from now when i super bored

I don't know how you can say GTA IV was a disappointment. It was amazing to see GTA in that beautiful 720p-ness. I can't think of anything wrong with the game other than a fairly small map, not much replay value or customisation (PC mods fixed that issue) and it got boring once finished.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I don't know how you can say GTA IV was a disappointment. It was amazing to see GTA in that beautiful 720p-ness. I can't think of anything wrong with the game other than a fairly small map, not much replay value or customisation (PC mods fixed that issue) and it got boring once finished.

it was the annoyances that pissed me off in GTA IV

i tried GTA V

the controls are Horrible

im running tapping the X button and some one calls ( guess what happens .....)  why not use the L3 button like EVERY game in history

using the R2 and L2 buttons is bad experience because there is no click sensation

i played around 10 hours and still cant get used to the controls

its like they are trying to mash everything in  :/

im not sure if i can  change the controls in the ps3 but pretty sure there is hack for it on JB forums

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

it was the annoyances that pissed me off in GTA IV

i tried GTA V

the controls are Horrible

im running tapping the X button and some one calls ( guess what happens .....)  why not use the L3 button like EVERY game in history

using the R2 and L2 buttons is bad experience because there is no click sensation

i played around 10 hours and still cant get used to the controls

its like they are trying to mash everything in  :/

im not sure if i can  change the controls in the ps3 but pretty sure there is hack for it on JB forums

I got used to the controls quickly, and L3 is used for stealth mode. Tapping X has been the running button in EVERY GTA game that has running. L3 sprinting is really only an FPS thing. I took me a while to get used to the weapon wheels but thats it.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

i would also feel really bad if i pre-ordered a game and i didnt know what game it was, haha