Internet speed

conorrr

Is this a fast download and upload speed?

Thanks 

Screenshot_2016-03-23-22-16-54.png

yes that's about the same as mine. You're slightly faster on the upload though.

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV

@colonel_mortis - since he fixes the breaky forum - 

I don't follow this subforum and yet I got a notification that "this topic was posted in Networking." Any idea why?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

That post is just bragging. No one could tell unless you say what's your ISP provided speed and what do you expect. You know, for me 20 is fast when I use YouTube but for downloading games it's not that good as 40. lol.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

@colonel_mortis - since he fixes the breaky forum - 

I don't follow this subforum and yet I got a notification that this topic was posted in Networking. Any idea why?

Yes - it was moved from a subforum that you do follow, and for some reason that doesn't remove notifications.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yes - it was moved from a subforum that you do follow, and for some reason that doesn't remove notifications.

Hmm bizarre.

Well thanks, I guess!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

17 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

That post is just bragging. No one could tell unless you say what's your ISP provided speed and what do you expect. You know, for me 20 is fast when I use YouTube but for downloading games it's not that good as 40. lol.

5195001857.png

In my defense I only got my internet upgraded a week ago where I was living with a speed that meant I couldn't even watch 1080p videos without buffering...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5123685125

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

no it sucks, google fiber is way better, and there are places in the world with over 2Gbps

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

5195001857.png

In my defense I only got my internet upgraded a week ago where I was living with a speed that meant I couldn't even watch 1080p videos without buffering...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5123685125

Is that Fiber? Also, how much are you paying? I'm currently with Virgin Media and I'm having issues with the internet. Internet keeps on disconnecting and the speeds are sooo bad. I'm supposed to get around 80mb/s now it's dropped to less than a 1mb/s. Upload seems to be fine though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

-snip-

I can barely watch a 720p video on a good day. Also, TalkTalk, really, when not Virgin or BT?

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

4 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Is that Fiber? Also, how much are you paying? I'm currently with Virgin Media and I'm having issues with the internet. Internet keeps on disconnecting and the speeds are sooo bad. I'm supposed to get around 80mb/s now it's dropped to less than a 1mb/s. Upload seems to be fine though.

Yah, Talktalk uses BT openreach FTTC fiber cables for fiber (Fiber to cabinet then copper phone cables to premises) and this is what I'm getting...but this was just recently installed which means that currently there are less than 5 people sharing the total bandwidth that the fiber line is able to provide...

edit: We're currently paying 35 pounds per month but the  only reason why it's so cheap is that due to BT having all priority with new cabinets, we had to wait 3 extra weeks before it was finally installed since the cabinet went live so as a gesture, we got our package upgraded for free but fiber medium was free for 12 months at the time so instead of just getting an upgrade to 36/2 which was already free for everyone, they upgraded us to the large package :D  

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

I can barely watch a 720p video on a good day. Also, TalkTalk, really, when not Virgin or BT?

Virgin isn't in my area, BT...well it's either 15 pounds more per month for the same speeds for BT or stay with talktalk...I wonder...

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Virgin isn't in my area, BT...well it's either 15 pounds more per month for the same speeds for BT or stay with talktalk...I wonder...

Fifteen pounds more, that sounds, off, are you getting reduced charge for a year or something?

Just now, Citadelen said:

Fifteen pounds more, that sounds, off, are you getting reduced charge for a year or something?

Yahhhhhhhhhh look at the edit of the post above my reply to you

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yahhhhhhhhhh look at the edit of the post above my reply to you

Ah...