Microsoft AI shutdown for being racist

Dammit... Microsoft ruined it. They changed it from learning to learning*.

*only allowed to learn things we approve of.

It was fun while it lasted.
Some highlights:

Spoiler

1.png.95308643eb695242519fae352b7e10a7.p

Spoiler

2.png.1317575f4ea4e78a4015a13f4660bc30.p

Spoiler

3.png.0b985fe8c9294ab8cc628760939aa3a2.p

Spoiler

4.png.2116a3b226cc18c341a6fe97f444f097.p

Spoiler

5.png.56a8eb982d2aa1a4b39b2987d325bc89.p

Spoiler

6.png.c1e194bab0c19bbb717b445e03aafdbb.p

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Tumblr

This made my day.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This was funny when I saw it today. They could've leave the AI on it would be fun to see continuation.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Didn't Twitter already implement algorithms gagging anyone not discussing Kardashians?

Who are we to doubt the opinions of the all powerful machines?

What's your brain's theoretical peak compute in TFLOPS, politically correct people?

Has racism been perpetuated by computers all along?

Are Microsoft going to be charged with murder for ending a sentient being?

Does Tay have a snarky ace spaceship pilot friend?

Are questions rhetorical when they're not meant to actually inquire, but not meant to say anything either?

My personal favorite:

iVof3D4.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

13 minutes ago, Svinsparbriivu said:

Didn't Twitter already implement algorithms gagging anyone not discussing Kardashians?

Who are we to doubt the opinions of the all powerful machines?

What's your brain's theoretical peak compute in TFLOPS, politically correct people?

Has racism been perpetuated by computers all along?

Are Microsoft going to be charged with murder for ending a sentient being?

Does Tay have a snarky ace spaceship pilot friend?

Are questions rhetorical when they're not meant to actually inquire, but not meant to say anything either?

8 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

More than just being funny, it shows it can be dangerous: Imagine this AI is under top secret US military stuff and instead of just learning racist jokes it learns actual bigotry and hatred from a stupid redneck soldier handling the machine or with access to it, suddenly it's not just a wall but the machine decides "We need to nuke em rapist mexicans" and boom: Skynet.

Bit extreme dontcha think.

"stupid redneck soldier" :|  (not cool)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Bit extreme dontcha think.

"stupid redneck soldier" :|  (not cool)

I meant no offense to all the brilliant southern military men out there if that's what you meant, that's why I wasn't very specific.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Internet... Internet never changes...

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

IBM Watson just went through a similar dilemma with the Urban Dictionary. While this is technically freedom of speech, there is a time and place for everything. For a human, it can be rude and arguably insulting, but for a robot, this could be a potentially dangerous distraction.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

41 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I meant no offense to all the brilliant southern military men out there if that's what you meant, that's why I wasn't very specific.

OK, but well .... Having served as long as I did and then seeing that here, it sometimes sets me off. Military family is just like family in a slightly different way.

I took it a bit offensively and replied bit to fast maybe. I guess in the future be careful of your wording, I take it pretty well for the most part but others may not be so forgiving. ;)

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I laughed when I read this, at first I was thinking the bot would be an interesting project but this happened. I guess I should not be surprised after all there are a lot of *thinking of a nice way to put this* gutter brains that would intentionally do this to derail such a project as this. Idiots.

I can think of a lot of ways this would improve certain aspects of recognition in speech, predictive typing etc..... 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Not sure if you are serious or joking, but try not to be as racist as the people you are stereotyping (supposedly are) eh?

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Not sure if you are serious or joking, but try not to be as racist as the people you are stereotyping (supposedly are) eh?

It's actually fairly simple: my first post was evidently a joke and why I used a stereotype: it's comedic effect. The second post was actually serious since I actually do know plenty of Americans from the south, some I count among my extended family that had service years. 

You guys just made me explain a joke twice btw, totally messing my flow here ya know?

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

It's actually fairly simple: my first post was evidently a joke and why I used a stereotype: it's comedic effect. The second post was actually serious since I actually do know plenty of Americans from the south, some I count among my extended family that had service years. 

You guys just made me explain a joke twice btw, totally messing my flow here ya know?

Ahhh. Your second post seemed a bit sarcastic to me. I can never tell with you lol.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Well those of us that did not follow the intended humor put a /s or /jk at the end next time. So you don't have to explain.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well, a bad result is a result nonetheless. I'm sure they gathered important data from this.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just found this gem.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Even though they shutdown, I'm sure they were successful in gathering more than enough information.

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Well those of us that did not follow the intended humor put a /s or /jk at the end next time. So you don't have to explain.

Still, if a member got to 8500 posts chances are he knows better than to say that and be serious about it :P

2 hours ago, Svinsparbriivu said:

IBM has estimated the human brain's compute power to be something around 36 PetaFLOPS. Even assuming a particularly mentally challenged person the number would still be 4 orders of magniture larger than a TeraFLOP. So... yeah.

Don't underestimate humans ^^

(I know it's a joke, I just thought I'd take the occasion to spread some information)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Still, if a member got to 8500 posts chances are he knows better than to say that and be serious about it :P

Not always necessarily true. I may have been on this forum for just under a year but I have seen some with a high number of posts make some fairly negative posts.

Either way, the wording was still (imo) not appropriate but that may be due to some sensitivity on my part with all the anti-police and anti-military redderick going around lately.

*sigh* I digress....

OP: Apologies for derailing the tread.

Edited by SansVarnic

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 hours ago, Notional said:

So now people are offended by a computer spouting random things? Sometimes I think the western world deserves to get bombed by terrorists :|

It was probably Microsoft PR that was afraid of being associated with their frankenstein so they took it down. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Like all AI it was designed to learn as it go.

The problem is that it doesn't know when not to learn.

I must say, that when it first launched, it did a very good job. You would think that a real person is behind it, pretty scary, but then it quickly fall apart.

Cool and daring experiment in AI R&D.

It probably only did a good job at the start because of carefully hand tuned training data sets and modifications to create a convincing chatbot. They forgot to add moderation functions to prevent trolls from contaminating that training data with garbage. Having an instancing system and synchronization period which moderation occurring at that time would be able to trick trolls into thinking their trolling is working but then it gets filtered out when all the instances are synchronized at the end of the day or once in a while.

Basically an example of Garbage in -> Garbage out.

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

IBM has estimated the human brain's compute power to be something around 36 PetaFLOPS. Even assuming a particularly mentally challenged person the number would still be 4 orders of magniture larger than a TeraFLOP. So... yeah.

Also consider how much electricity that level of computing takes compared to a human brain the many orders of magnitude difference in energy consumption tells you where the first practical "AI" is going to be coming from. (Neurons on a chip).

11 hours ago, Fulgrim said:

Just found this gem.

welp, time to rewatch apocalypse now redux edition

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>