Anyone ever tried to download DLC none legit and add it it to their Steam game?

LokiFire

Would be pretty funny if the achievements work as those are pre-loaded on Steam.

That's if it works at all, it's not something i want to do BTW just a general question, as DLC is not exactly pressured like the mains games by piracy?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Steam+Pirated DLC.......I don't think that would ever work that well since Steam itself is a form of DRM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

17 minutes ago, LokiFire said:

as DLC is not exactly pressured like the mains games by piracy?

of course it is, its exactly the same

Would never recommend doing it on steam though and I doubt it would work 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've technically done so with Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2, since the DLC weren't not on Steam but on the Mass Effect website... but those DLCs were legit, either free or that I actually paid for them, just had to add it to the game's folder.

As far as "not so legit" goes... I've done it once with The Sims 3. But I also cracked the original exe for it, so I could run it outside of steam and thus not potentially get my account flagged, meaning I wouldn't know if it would've worked or not directly on steam, my guess is "nope". Quite frankly, wasn't worth it. Better to just wait for a sale and get that DLC for like, $3 or something.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I can tell you it works with Fallout 3 & Skyrim, and no I didn't exactly pirate anything.

I went to my friends house who didn't have the Skyrim DLC on his account so I signed into my account on his PC and we played Bloodborne for a few hours. Then after we had finished he signed back into his own account.

Few days later I went round his house again and he was sat there playing BloodBorne, so I was like "did you buy it then?" and he was like "Nope, just ran skyrim and it worked?"

So we also tried his Fallout 3 because again I had the DLCs and he didn't and it worked exactly the same.

Now I assume the pretty major changes to how DLC work in FO4 will stop it from working in FO4 but I cannot test that theory as we both have the game and seasons pass already :(

Also from memory there was a game which downloaded DLC that I owned and he didn't that point blank refused to work after it had installed the DLC he didn't own. I think it was Mafia 2 but I don't remember 100% so yeah, it can work both ways.

Lastly there is zero chance of anything happening to your account as long as you don't try it with a VAC protected game, and even then VAC is looking for memory signatures, not DLC and additional content.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)