GTX 980 ti FTW cooling in RVZ02

Hello, 

I am home from university for my 3 week Easter break and while am home I want to convert my huge rig

to something smaller that will fit in my uni room more easily. 

I love the idea of a console sized case with MUCH more power.

here is my idea

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/LmJGsY

I own all the parts but an itx board, case, psu and cpu cooler.

I was just wondering whether this is a stupid idea and whether the cooling will be adequate so both my cpu and gpu will run with decent temps.

Thanks,  

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

It should be fine as long as you have good airflow

What do you mean by good airflow, It will be stood vertically with the vents that the gpu exhaust out of open to the air, unfortunatly the only fans are on the 2 on the gpu and the cpu fan.

Cases are pressurised air systems so as long as theres nothing stifling the airflow around the exterior of the case e.g. dont throw clothes on top of it or put it on a shelf between books then it should be fine

| MOBO MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | CPU i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz | RAM G.Skill 16GB 2133MHz | SSD Kingston 240GB / HDD Seagate 3TB | GPU MSI Gaming GTX 970 |

| Cooling CM Nepton 240M | Display Philips BDM4065UC 40in 4K | Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Blue | Mouse Logitech G502 | Case Fractal Design Core 2500 |

PSU Rankings

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Well, looking at reviews the highest temp is around 70c so that is fine

Yeah, 70 degrees it a atx case with many exhaust fans, this is in a small itx it would look like this

155355.2d4a084bd0fbd063e49f2f171c160623.

bearing this in mind would it be still ok

25 minutes ago, HenReeTee said:

Hello, 

I am home from university for my 3 week Easter break and while am home I want to convert my huge rig

here is my idea

I was just wondering whether this is a stupid idea and whether the cooling will be adequate so both my cpu and gpu will run with decent temps.

Thanks,  

Ditch the 120GB SSD, stick with the 500GB as your man drive. Then get a 1TB mechanical drive.

Edited by Abdul201588

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

40 minutes ago, HenReeTee said:

Hello, 

here is my idea

Thanks,  

The cooler is inadequate for the cpu. Especially if one is contemplating any sort of overclock. See the caveats at http://noctua.at/en/nh_l9i_tdp_guidelines.

Did you consider the RVZ01 case? It can accommodate more powerful cooling options. Or a perhaps something like the Phanteks Evolv ITX.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.