Saving Corsair K70 profile to keyboard

XeroDarkness7

Hey everyone, I'm trying to save a specific lighting profile to my K70 RGB keyboard, and when I do save it to the keyboard by clicking "Save profile to device memory." instead of saving the lighting effects, it turns off the lighting effects. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Save Profile.jpg

3 minutes ago, XeroDarkness7 said:

Hey everyone, I'm trying to save a specific lighting profile to my K70 RGB keyboard, and when I do save it to the keyboard by clicking "Save profile to device memory." instead of saving the lighting effects, it turns off the lighting effects. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Save Profile.jpg

press the lighting buttons at the top right to turn it on after saving?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

OK, that brings up another problem, now I found out that the lighting key on the top right of my keyboard doesn't seem to do anything when the software isn't running.

1 minute ago, XeroDarkness7 said:

OK, that brings up another problem, now I found out that the lighting key on the top right of my keyboard doesn't seem to do anything when the software isn't running.

you need to have it running.

use the quote button so I get notified that you responded to my post :)

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

you need to have it running.

use the quote button so I get notified that you responded to my post :)

OK, but when I first got my keyboard, it had some default lighting before I ever installed the software, that is now gone, and i have NO lighting. If I can't have the lighting effects that I want loaded onto the keyboard itself regardless of software, I would like the default lighting back.

5 minutes ago, XeroDarkness7 said:

OK, but when I first got my keyboard, it had some default lighting before I ever installed the software, that is now gone, and i have NO lighting. If I can't have the lighting effects that I want loaded onto the keyboard itself regardless of software, I would like the default lighting back.

hmmmm, see this is the problem with rgb software, they're annoying as f*ck. i have the non-rgb version of the k70.

i think the best way is to just experiment with the software and see what each setting does.

Old Rig

17 minutes ago, XeroDarkness7 said:

set as default profile after your done

9b6d84f09cebf8aecc9a66a714a6cdda.png

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

set as default profile after your done

Good suggestion. I tried it though, no dice, lighting still turned off as soon as I lock my computer.

Just now, XeroDarkness7 said:

Good suggestion. I tried it though, no dice, lighting still turned off as soon as I lock my computer.

oh you lock your computer?

it needs power to turn on,

lets say you put it into a different computer that is on, then it will show

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

oh you lock your computer?

it needs power to turn on,

lets say you put it into a different computer that is on, then it will show

The computer is still turned on, it's just on the Lock screen, or even if it's on the Login screen when I first turn on my computer, same deal. It has power, that's what allows me to type in my password to log in. I am not hibernating my computer or shutting it down. I'm not a total Dunce (although when I finally find out the solution, it'll probably be totally obvious and I'll feel like a total Dunce).

1. You use Save Profile to Device Memory to store your profile on your keyboard so you can use your profile without CUE.

2. You use Set as Default Profile to tell CUE what profile to use when opened.

If you already done those two above to no avail, it's best to either reinstall CUE or update it, delete all your profiles then create a new one and save it to your device memory.

2 hours ago, Mirdon said:

1. You use Save Profile to Device Memory to store your profile on your keyboard so you can use your profile without CUE.

2. You use Set as Default Profile to tell CUE what profile to use when opened.

If you already done those two above to no avail, it's best to either reinstall CUE or update it, delete all your profiles then create a new one and save it to your device memory.

I guess I'll be wiping out my profiles. Thanks for the info! I'll let you know how it goes.

Figured it out. Corsair tech support was open today. Apparently if you have any kind of animation for the profile you save to your computer, it has to have the software open to run it, and cannot run it natively. A static profile with no animation can be saved and work on the keyboard without the software.

• 7 months later...
On 3/22/2016 at 4:20 AM, XeroDarkness7 said:

Figured it out. Corsair tech support was open today. Apparently if you have any kind of animation for the profile you save to your computer, it has to have the software open to run it, and cannot run it natively. A static profile with no animation can be saved and work on the keyboard without the software.

exatly what i am looking for.

sucks that 200AUD keyboard doesnt even have that much memory to save the profile otherthan static.......