Fractal Design Core 1300 owners inquire inside

hello,

i am seeking some water cooling solutions for others and as an owner of the FD arc mini/r2 cases, this Core 1300 might have some props to explore.

if you are a FD Core 1300 owner, questions i have are:

1. SSD mount is behind the PSU?
  2. do you ample room for an AIO in the roof?
  3. the ODD bays are riveted or bolted?

thanks for your help

There's a guy over on the overclock.net forum that has fit some pretty beefy watercooling gear in the Core 1300. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1501431/build-log-fractal-design-core-1300-watercooled

The ODD cages are riveted in, so drilling will be required. From the looks of things, they're easy to remove, though:

w03NqaK.jpg

Clearance for AIO would depend on the thickness of the rad. For your average H100i, you should have plenty of room for one set of fans. Push/pull will likely cause some clearance issues. It looks like the main issues would be caused by high profile heatsinks on the top of the board. 

Unsure on the SSD mount. I can't find much about how they mount. I know the 3300 has the mount behind the PSU, but can't find it on the 1300. Fractal's site says it has 3 dedicated 2.5" drive mounting points, but they may be talking about the bar that attaches to the ODD cage.

3 hours ago, airdeano said:

hello,

i am seeking some water cooling solutions for others and as an owner of the FD arc mini/r2 cases, this Core 1300 might have some props to explore.

if you are a FD Core 1300 owner, questions i have are:

1. SSD mount is behind the PSU?
  2. do you ample room for an AIO in the roof?
  3. the ODD bays are riveted or bolted?

thanks for your help

My school uses an abundance of Core 1000s and 1100s and the ODD bays are riveted in, I believe. I'd inagine the 1300 wouldn't be drastically different. Not sure about the other two questions, unfortunately.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||