My beef with Linus.

Ridska here ,

Today i want to talk about the fact that i have a small beef with Linus or the big head hancho himself. Now just to be clear , I dont hate linus nor dispise him , In fact i like him and currently do and like his past content.

Yes i said it, My beef with linus is his lately new contents that have been coming out of the linus media group pipe. It seems like he is running out of ideas for new content to be produced. For crying out loud Linus , You brought back and old segment . wich leads me to this. My beef is that he has some products in the LTT mail room ( Like the AIAIAI TMA-2 modular headphone *cough*  *cough* ) that are yet to be reviewed. wich lead me to this , I love linius and his content ( no homo doe ) but if this keeps up , I might just get pale from watching more videos from him and the LTT group.

Thanks and stay groovie , All hail Linus.

@LinusTech

(⌐■_■) 

oh wait till he switch to payed premium videos , we're all gonna have some beef about that!

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, Ridska said:

Ridska here ,

Today i want to talk about the fact that i have a small beef with Linus or the big head hancho himself. Now just to be clear , I dont hate linus nor dispise him , In fact i like him and currently do and like his past content.

Yes i said it, My beef with linus is his lately new contents that have been coming out of the linus media group pipe. It seems like he is running out of ideas for new content to be produced. For crying out loud Linus , You brought back and old segment . wich leads me to this. My beef is that he has some products in the LTT mail room ( Like the AIAIAI TMA-2 modular headphone *cough*  *cough* ) that are yet to be reviewed. wich lead me to this , I love linius and his content ( no homo doe ) but if this keeps up , I might just get pale from watching more videos from him and the LTT group.

@LinusTech

Alot of people are feeling this way at the moment....

i am assuming all of the recent videos got filmed during the time of filming scrap yard wars, or they are intended to cover for the filming period. i wish they just get a 3rd main host to cover for them during such times and spare us from filler content.

making basic videos about how to build a pc are fine, but should be done as a side video and not released as the main video for a certain day, since most of LTT viewers dont expect to get such a video from the channel and if needed such info would just simply search for it online.

I don't understand why everyone yells that it's because of scrapyard wars... It just isn't!

Scrapyard wars has been done before, 3 times. Did we notice when it was filmed? No we didn't! Quality stayed up as it should and it was all fine.

LMG team is bigger than ever, so that's no excuse either, their team is capable of keeping up the quality if they want to.

Scrapyard wars takes 3 days of filming, usually. And 1 editor 1 month. That's it. They can even put 2 editors on the job if needed, the team is big enough now.

Couple of other things i want to point out now we are on the case anyway.

Nerd sports! If you haven't heard about it, it's a VESSEL EXCLUSIVE series, produced my LMG. So vessel paid LMG to give them an excusive series.

Linus told us multiple times he would NOT do such thing. But he did, and which is imo not acceptable.

He told us he wouldn't do it and it takes time from the LMG that could be used for LTT, TQ or CSF.

Also the fact that Scrapyard wars is delayed is not by accident. I think ed edits them and he asked for another week, i'm sorry but i don't buy that. With the vessel yearly subscriptions running out and scrapyard wars being filmed probably a really long time ago, i don't believe he needs an extra week.

I believe that vessel asked him to delay it so it releases exacly 2 days after subs end so the free subs have to pay to watch it early.

Also in his latest video on vessel he shows things that are imo not objective anymore. Which is by far the biggest disappointment of everything.

I liked LTT because he was objective, but now the quality went down, and he is showing signs that he isn't as objective as i expect, i don't know...

If there is a good tech channel that has daily content, and is objective, let me know, i'm looking for them if i decide to leave.

Also f**k vessel, i hate them. They are the cause of nerd sports, and probably the cause of a delayed scrapyard wars.

19 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

I saw a lot of these types of complaints in the youtube comments for that basic GPU installation video. The fact is, those types of videos do help people.

But build guides help even more, and he did a lot of them, and with a team bigger than ever, why doesn't me make a guide again then?

LMG should be capable of that without any issues at all.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I don't understand why everyone yells that it's because of scrapyard wars... It just isn't!

Scrapyard wars has been done before, 3 times. Did we notice when it was filmed? No we didn't! Quality stayed up as it should and it was all fine.

LMG team is bigger than ever, so that's no excuse either, their team is capable of keeping up the quality if they want to.

Scrapyard wars takes 3 days of filming, usually. And 1 editor 1 month. That's it. They can even put 2 editors on the job if needed, the team is big enough now.

Nerd sports! If you haven't heard about it, it's a VESSEL EXCLUSIVE series, produced my LMG. So vessel paid LMG to give them an excusive series.

Linus told us multiple times he would NOT do such thing. But he did, and which is imo not acceptable.

He told us he wouldn't do it and it takes time from the LMG that could be used for LTT, TQ or CSF.

Also in his latest video on vessel he shows things that are imo not objective anymore. Which is by far the biggest disappointment of everything.

I liked LTT because he was objective, but now the quality went down, and he is showing signs that he isn't as objective as i expect, i don't know...

If there is a good tech channel that has daily content, and is objective, let me know, i'm looking for them if i decide to leave.

But build guides help even more, and he did a lot of them, and with a team bigger than ever, why doesn't me make a guide again then?

Actually, the quality did lower a bit during the last Scrapyard Wars. I remember complaints, and I myself felt a little underwhelmed while he said on his twitter that SYW3 was being recorded.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

5 hours ago, Ridska said:

Ridska here ,

@LinusTech

3 hours ago, The_Budget_Gamer said:

Alot of people are feeling this way at the moment....

3 hours ago, D4RK said:

i am assuming all of the recent videos got filmed during the time of filming scrap yard wars, or they are intended to cover for the filming period. i wish they just get a 3rd main host to cover for them during such times and spare us from filler content.

making basic videos about how to build a pc are fine, but should be done as a side video and not released as the main video for a certain day, since most of LTT viewers dont expect to get such a video from the channel and if needed such info would just simply search for it online.

21 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

I saw a lot of these types of complaints in the youtube comments for that basic GPU installation video. The fact is, those types of videos do help people.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of those kinds of very basic videos either.

BUT.

Yes, will actually help new people to the tech community, so I get that there is a valid reason for doing them.

And also the PC market is pretty slow at the moment.

As Linus said this on the past WAN show, [interesting] CPU's are every 12 months-ish, [interesting] GPU's every 18 months or so.

So while not every single video put out may be prime-time content, I get why it exists.

I didn't even bother clicking on the "how to install a GPU video..."

The motherboard one, as much as it is kinda click bait-like, and I knew what he would say.

I tried to watch it, just to see what exactly it was he was going to say, and my guesses were spot on. I got bored and closed the video at around 60% the way through.

But on the plus size, SYW soon!!!!!!! HYPE :D

7 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Linus confirmed on Twitter that the stuff for Vessel was 100% funded by vessel,

Just like how they've done videos for other companies in the past and not put them on their own YT channel.

He also confirmed that it WOULD NOT get in the way of the regular scheduling for LTT, CSF and TQ. :)

1 minute ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

Actually, the quality did lower a bit during the last Scrapyard Wars. I remember complaints, and I myself felt a little underwhelmed while he said on his twitter that SYW3 was being recorded.

Ok that's fine, i didn't know people did notice the quality went down with the last one.

But that still isn't an excuse for the stuff we are getting now, we all know scrapyard wars is done filming and is in post-production. So i'm expecting better quality video's now, and imo that isn't the case. The quality is still meh and just not what i'm expecting.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, OPSJono said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of those kinds of very basic videos either.

BUT.

Yes, will actually help new people to the tech community, so I get that there is a valid reason for doing them.

And also the PC market is pretty slow at the moment.

As Linus said this on the past WAN show, [interesting] CPU's are every 12 months-ish, [interesting] GPU's every 18 months or so.

As i said before, we have guides for that. It has been a while since he made one so why doesn't he make a new one? (last one was more than a year ago btw).

He could do a skylake buid guide and an overclocking guide. 

Or check if PCIe lanes matter in crossfire, he only checked SLI at this time so an AMD equivalent would be nice, especially because AMD cards can work on 1x slots.

There, 3 video ideas that would for me be more interesting than that how to install a videocard video.

Want more idea's? I got some.

Take an AIO cooler and put it's rad into a bucket of ice and water, sub-zero on a budget. Yes has been done before, but i want LTT to try it.

Not everyone knows that's an option, and results could be interesting.

Or test thermal compounds and add some weird ones like chocolate, toothpaste and mayonnaise.

5 idea's, 5 video's, almost a week filled. Not that hard to get some decent idea's...

Oh wait i have another one, take a custom WC loop and try funny liquids. Yes it has been done before but why not? It's entertaining and it's tech related.

Done, 6 video's, a complete week filled. And i'm sure we won't see any of them! Because they will never read this.

null

15 hours ago, Ridska said:

no homo doe

Saying "no homo" increases homo to max homo

Also you're being a homophobic Mug!

Don't be homophobic. I know you're probably young but it's pretty fucking bad implying that homosexuality is a negative trait.

Gah! You Mug!

A lot of their good videos are on Vessel atm. I know he has a deal with them and he needs to honor that deal to get everyone payed. I don't like their recent content either but I'll just wait till some new products come out.

10 hours ago, Mug said:

Saying "no homo" increases homo to max homo

Also you're being a homophobic Mug!

Don't be homophobic. I know you're probably young but it's pretty fucking bad implying that homosexuality is a negative trait.

Gah! You Mug!

I am not homophobic. And i try to stay neutral as possible around confirmed bachelor 's. 

(⌐■_■) 

I can't be the only one that fails to understand "beef" in this context can I?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide