MP3 Player with loads of storage space required

Greetings.

I do take great delight in my gigantic iTunes music collection, and until recently, carried around almost all of it on either my 32GB iPod Touch or the 32GB MicroSD card in my phone (which is the most expandable storage it supports). However, lately, it has not been enough, and even though I've been compressing songs to lower bitrates, I cannot, for the life of me, fit my entirely library on there of 7,045 individual songs, or about 60GB. 

Thus, I've been looking for an MP3 player that can store all of the aformentioned tracks and then some. Features I need are-

• Well over 60GB of storage- preferably at least double.
  • Support for MP3, M4A, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV formats- I can't be bothered to convert thousands of tracks.
  • A user interface that lets me sort by artist, album, and distinguishes between discs and album artists, just as iTunes and Poweramp do. Album artwork is a huge bonus.
  • Extremely long battery life- we're talking days of playback on a single charge.

Features that I would prefer, but are not essential, are-

• iTunes support for easy syncing.
  • Support for video playback.
  • Support for reading text-based documents or ePub-format ebooks.

Given these features, the 160GB iPod Classic seems like the best possible option, but it's incredibly expensive, as the entire line was discontinued, and they were still expensive back when Apple made them. Unless I can find a great deal on a used iPod classic where I live - which is very unlikely - I won't be able to afford one.

I appreciate any recommendations you can offer, or alternatives to purchasing a dedicated playback device, such as a stealthy USB mass storage drive for android devices.

Regards,
Aereldor.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Greetings.

I do take great delight in my gigantic iTunes music collection, and until recently, carried around almost all of it on either my 32GB iPod Touch or the 32GB MicroSD card in my phone (which is the most expandable storage it supports). However, lately, it has not been enough, and even though I've been compressing songs to lower bitrates, I cannot, for the life of me, fit my entirely library on there of 7,045 individual songs, or about 60GB. 

Thus, I've been looking for an MP3 player that can store all of the aformentioned tracks and then some. Features I need are-

• Support for MP3, M4A, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV formats- I can't be bothered to convert thousands of tracks.
  • A user interface that lets me sort by artist, album, and distinguishes between discs and album artists, just as iTunes and Poweramp do. Album artwork is a huge bonus.
  • Extremely long battery life- we're talking days of playback on a single charge.

Given these features, the 160GB iPod Classic seems like the best possible option, but it's incredibly expensive, as the entire line was discontinued, and they were still expensive back when Apple made them. Unless I can find a great deal on a used iPod classic where I live - which is very unlikely - I won't be able to afford one.

I appreciate any recommendations you can offer, or alternatives to purchasing a dedicated playback device, such as a stealthy USB mass storage drive for android devices.

Regards,
Aereldor.

An even bigger micro sd.

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Greetings.

Regards,
Aereldor.

Or just get a micro usb to usb converter and get a tb portable drive.

5 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

An even bigger micro sd.

It doesn't support Micro SD cards with capacities larger than 32GB. 

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, Aereldor said:

It doesn't support Micro SD cards with capacities larger than 32GB. 

Oh. Plan b then, micro usb to usb converter, then 1 tb portable drive.

8 minutes ago, Jstone said:

But that's the point- I can't shell out that much for an iPod classic.

Phones soemtimes can actually use larger capacities than the "supported" capacity, have you got a friend that'll let you try out their 64/128GB card? I have a cheap 60GB SSD in an external enclosure that I can connect to my phone/tablet via OTG cable... but the trouble with that is that they also charge with that port, so it's not useful all the time. I would even buy a cheap-ish phone from china to use as an MP3 player rather than waste money on an ipod that is so expensive personally.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 3/17/2016 at 7:39 PM, paddy-stone said:

Phones soemtimes can actually use larger capacities than the "supported" capacity, have you got a friend that'll let you try out their 64/128GB card? I have a cheap 60GB SSD in an external enclosure that I can connect to my phone/tablet via OTG cable... but the trouble with that is that they also charge with that port, so it's not useful all the time. I would even buy a cheap-ish phone from china to use as an MP3 player rather than waste money on an ipod that is so expensive personally.

Are you certain there's a fair chance of this working? It would solve the problem in a 'flash'.

10 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Are you certain there's a fair chance of this working? It would solve the problem in a 'flash'.

No I am not certain it will work, which is why I suggested borrowing a card from a friend rather than buying it,just in case it doesn't work. What phone have you got? you could look up the specs to see if it supports sdxd cards... if it supports only sdhc then it will only support cards upto 32GB. I have seen a number of times where a certain phone says it supports cards upto 32GB but in fact will support higher capacities.

I would not buy a card unless you either have another purpose it could be used for, or intend on buying another phone/media player to go with it, without checking that your phone WILL read it by borrowing a friends card first. Also, it's the better cards out there that are more likely to be compatible, such as samsung/kingston/sandisk and rated at class 10 or UHS really in my experience.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini