2 powerline adapters into one switch?

DeletedAccount

It would add some redundancy to the network if you had two pairs set up so that if one adapter in a pair fails, the other pair can still be used. However, for load balancing it wouldn't do much, if anything, considering how it's not the same as running two dedicated cables.

I really don't think this is a good idea because it causes a loop.

1. Powerline is a broadcast technology. Just think Wifi, but using the power lines instead of the air.

2. LACP wouldn't work because there isn't anything in the powerline adaptors to talk to that could set up the link.

3. Manually creating a link aggregation group isn't going to work because traffic coming from the powerline network into the switch would be recieved on both ports, and anything sent out one port will also be received on the other port.

4. If your switch has loop detection it's going to disable one of the ports.

5. If your switch can do (R)STP it might work, but your other devices  connected to the powerline network also have to be able to do (R)STP. You also have to be able to disable the power saving auto-off feature in the powerline adaptors (most powerline adaptors turn off after a minute if they don't detect anything plugged in, and not all adaptors have a way to disable this. I know Zyxel adaptors can have this disabled in the controller software you can install.)

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

1 hour ago, Thetechnoman1 said:

The only reason i am considering it is because i am currently recieving less than 4mbps down through powerline on that side of the house.. but 37mbps in the other side through powerline..

That is a problem with your wiring that a second powerline adaptor in the same location will only make worse

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: