Cheap mouse with flawless sensor?

Timmy-P
Go to solution Solved by Timmy-P,

Thank you to all who replied.  I went against some people's wishes and used a forgotten Best Buy gift card towards a Logitech G303 for ~$45.  Wish me luck.

Title.  I have reason to believe my Logitech G500 is dying, as it keeps disconnecting from the USB port every thirty seconds or so.  It's well out of warranty, so I need to set out for a new mouse.  I'm a little tight on cash for the moment, so I'm wondering if it's feasible to buy a cheap one with a decent, if not flawless, sensor to hold me over until I can go all out on a better mouse.  Any suggestions?

[witty signature]

steelseries rival 100. great mouse for the price probably don't even need an upgrade.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

what budget do you have? if you want a flawless sensor the g502 has the best on the market, and can be had for $60 at times

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Looked at bowsers profile, its a this:

http://www.amazon.com/GAMDIAS-GMS1100-Calibration-Programmable-Adjustable/dp/B00H3VUE8W

Must have been on sale when he got it

That thing is terribly ugly, unfortunately. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I like my G300s, costs $30-40. Sensor is pretty baller, my only complaint is that it is a freakishly small mouse.

Just now, Timmy-P said:

Title.  I have reason to believe my Logitech G500 is dying, as it keeps disconnecting from the USB port every thirty seconds or so.  It's well out of warranty, so I need to set out for a new mouse.  I'm a little tight on cash for the moment, so I'm wondering if it's feasible to buy a cheap one with a decent, if not flawless, sensor to hold me over until I can go all out on a better mouse.  Any suggestions?

What is the acutal Budget size? The cheapest decent things that are probably available in the US are the Logitech G100s, Evga TorQ X3 and X5.

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Well, OP was sepcific about the Sensor, so i guess A9800 is out of the equation anyway, not to mention that the only ones i know that have used/were forced to use Gamdias had rather bad experiences to the point of multiple units of one product in case it breaks, i dont even know which factory their stuff comes from.

13 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

@iamdarkbowser What mouse do you have again?

OP: the mouse he^^ has pretty much has the build quality of razer but its like 20 bucks or something

Razer Deathadder. Best mouse for the price

7 minutes ago, Zackfoo said:

steelseries rival 100. great mouse for the price probably don't even need an upgrade.

$34 USD at Walmart, with free pickup... Noted.  Is there any special drivers/software for it?

6 minutes ago, DrM said:

what budget do you have? if you want a flawless sensor the g502 has the best on the market, and can be had for $60 at times

I don't have a specific budget, I just want to look at my options here.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

I like my G300s, costs $30-40. Sensor is pretty baller, my only complaint is that it is a freakishly small mouse.

I suppose I could go back a generation or two, I did see that the G302/303 are pretty good.

[witty signature]

Okay... I just forgot that there's a refurbished G100s on Newegg for like $13.  Can anyone vouch for it?

[witty signature]

9 hours ago, Timmy-P said:

$34 USD at Walmart, with free pickup... Noted.  Is there any special drivers/software for it?

I don't have a specific budget, I just want to look at my options here.

I suppose I could go back a generation or two, I did see that the G302/303 are pretty good.

yup. but there are minimal adjustment if not wrong. you can watch hardwarecanucks review about it i think in his video he give a quite dewtail rundown of the mouse which is pretty much best review for rival 100 i can find.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

The cheapest mouse with a flawless sensor would be this Corsair Sabre Optical.

If you like its shape it's a great deal. S3988 is a much better sensor than the S3059 in the Rival 100.

If that's too expensive for you, check out the Evga Torq X3.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Just now, woll3 said:

Then you havent looked hard enough :P , as Hardwarecanucks fails to mention the biggest drawback of the S3059 and the current FW.

i do actually heard about the sensor from overclock.net but i don't think at that price it is that bad. well i could be wrong cause i haven try it myself too. Zowie fk2 is kinda priced quite close to it too and i would really wanna try zowie actually too bad the highest dpi setting is 3200 i use 6500 as daily driver and for moba a lot. Life. 

But that one day steelseries make Sensei Raw with 3310 sensor is the day i am changing my g502. maybe the rival 700 can impress me i dont know.

I've got a g402 recently and it works perfectly fine. It's rather basic no swag in box or anything, it just works. Didn't even install software yet to mess around. Itching to open and see what's inside though, gonna see if I can nicely get inside without tripping any alarms. 

My old mouse is an anker 8200dpi monstrosity, alive and kicking for about 3 years. Had no issues with it(Ok so cable caught fire once and I had to cut and  solder it together. My bad for having a candle on desk) , software allows plenty of customisation too. Only issue is I had to open it and glue the pcb in place as I'm rather rough with it and it's held with plastic clips. Sensor doesn't give me any issued on most surfaces, even works on the leather sofa. No tracking issued etc. Cheap as dirt too, paid 20£ or something back in the day, comes with weights too(lost majority of them though) . Had the software reset button get pressed somehow a few times by accident somehow so I did get rid of that thing too. 

Settings remain on the on board flash too so sensitivity/acceleration settings as well as the led and all that remain on board even without installing the software. 

Thank you to all who replied.  I went against some people's wishes and used a forgotten Best Buy gift card towards a Logitech G303 for ~$45.  Wish me luck.

[witty signature]

1 hour ago, Timmy-P said:

An amazing mouse if you can handle the shape of the shell!

On 3/15/2016 at 2:34 AM, Timmy-P said:

that mouse should be a small lttle beast! update us your thoughts about it after using it!