Watercooling in my CM storm enforcer.

Eporter

As many of you may know this is not really a water cooling case, but I want to do something about that. I have a i7 2600k in a ASUS maximus IV gene-s rev3 currently cooled by a NHD14. The NHD14 honestly does a good enough job and keeps the cpu running pretty cool at 4.8 ghz, but I would really like to water cool it. because of the way that the case is designed you cannot easily put a 240 rad in the top because of MB clearance issues. I think I'm going to try and squeeze a 240 black ice stealth gt into the front bezel where the front 200 mil fan is currently and then put a couple good 120 fans in pull on the inside. If I do this I'll use a dual bay res (I know a single would be fine but I want something I can use in bigger future builds).

Anyone have any thoughts? I'll update this thread as I make decisions and go for it.

Sounds good if you manage to pull it off, upload pics where you're done!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I don't think a single 240 in pull only will be able to beat your NHD14. At some point, you just get diminishing returns. Might end up spending a lot of cash to get similar results. Now, if you could go to a 360 rad, maybe that could make a difference. I think you be better off saving a bit of cash for a better water cooling friendly case if you really want to go that route...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I would just mount a 240 with p/p off the back via spacer. :D

external 360/480mil rad?

So a real 240 loop would really not be that much better than a nhd14? Didn't linus just show us that an h100i is better than big 140 mil fan air coolers? I think I would rather save and spend the money to move to a different case than do external cooling. Nothing against those of you that have external loops, I just personally like them for myself.

If I don't do this then the plan is to purchase and mod a silverstone ft02 to fit in one of those huge triple 180 radiators and throw my 670 into the loop. I'll link the rad below for those who haven't seen it.