Best Program to erase data and OS

JUBSTAR
Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
39 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

You can just right click on the drive you want to erase and use "Format..." It will delete everything on this partition.

As stated above, right click on the drive and choose Format.

If your aim is to reuse it yourself, this is completely fine.

If you want to give it away and are concerned about someone being able to access the data, DBAN is where it's at.

Or, you know, physical destructive force.

Hi

I just got my new ssd install with Windows 10 and my old hard drive 1TB have programs files and Windows 10 that I want to delete. Does anyone know a program that will delete everything including the Windows. Please give me a response. Also steps with description will be appreciated.

You can just right click on the drive you want to erase and use "Format..." It will delete everything on this partition.

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

There is a really good program that wipes your hard drive that I use, its open source. http://www.dban.org/

If you dont plan on selling or reusing your hdd then you could destroy it...

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 1600 MHz Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Case: NZXT H440 White 

39 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

As stated above, right click on the drive and choose Format.

If your aim is to reuse it yourself, this is completely fine.

If you want to give it away and are concerned about someone being able to access the data, DBAN is where it's at.

Or, you know, physical destructive force.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)