(Us - Amazon) - Apple iMac $400 off, Nexus 6P $75 off!

Tocsin_786

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

"mobile"

"290"

those words shouldn't go together

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 hours ago, EpicGeekonFire said:

Too bad I can't just use the iMac as a screen :P

yea for such a price they really should have it as an input. My moms 500 dollar Samsung AIO has two inputs ffs. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Still kinda pathetic specs for $1600 tho

its mainly that 5k screen. 

Just now, huilun02 said:

You can get pretty much the same effect with a 27" 4k monitor

I don't think games and 3D applications are going to do well at 5k, in terms of both performance and resolution support.

you cant compare apples and oranges. Dells 5k screen is around 1200-1500 bucks. 

Just now, huilun02 said:

A golden toilet would also cost a fortune

at least golden toilets have more value than the mac. even if you shit the greenest shits into one. 

Just now, huilun02 said:

Well that mac has the system built into the monitor, and no ports. For someone who is considering getting one for the sake of having a ~$1500 monitor would be impractical and he/she probably can't be reasoned with.

honestly, it really is stupid. I was just playing devils advocate. The same morons who are gonna get this thing just for the sake of having it are the same people excited for the iphone 7 to not have a headphone jack. 

What kind of rig can you build for $1,600.00

seriously I would never spend that much on someone else's Idea of a system.

4 hours ago, maulemall said:

What kind of rig can you build for $1,600.00

seriously I would never spend that much on someone else's Idea of a system.

my current rig was built at a sum of 1600, and later I added a monitor and speakers. but this was also 3 years ago, so 1600 dollars today can theoretically give you more of a performance. 

If you're someone who just wants the computer to work out of the box and you're not too concerned about money then the Imac is great. It's pretty and it can handle all of your work applications.

For those of you who immediately attack the machine for not being a gaming beast : Not a lot of games are even available for mac and if they are they're shitty ports. You don't buy them for that.