Best pcie x1 graphics card?

Fourthdwarf
Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,
8 minutes ago, Fourthdwarf said:

Ok, thanks, but what kind of used card (preferably nvidia, better Linux drivers) should I buy. Obviously a 980 would be a waste, but I have no idea what to match with a core2duo

I would get a 750ti or lower, just depends on your needs.

I am hoping to (eventually) build a 21:9 system with a desktop, but I also want to be able to connect my IBM x200 for multiple pc's on one screen.

unfortunately, the x200 has no display out, so I plan on using an eGPU setup with the expresscard protocol. Which only supports      PCIe x1. So I need a (good)     PCIe x1 compatible graphics card. Any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Fourthdwarf said:

I am hoping to (eventually) build a 21:9 system with a desktop, but I also want to be able to connect my IBM x200 for multiple pc's on one screen.

unfortunately, the x200 has no display out, so I plan on using an eGPU setup with the expresscard protocol. Which only supports      PCIe x1. So I need a (good)     PCIe x1 compatible graphics card. Any suggestions?

Most eGPU docks use a full x16 length slot(just doesn't have the bandwidth), so you can use pretty much any card.

Ok, thanks, but what kind of used card (preferably nvidia, better Linux drivers) should I buy. Obviously a 980 would be a waste, but I have no idea what to match with a core2duo

6 minutes ago, Fourthdwarf said:

750ti?

btw, im trying to get rid of one, $110 shipped

8 minutes ago, Fourthdwarf said:

I would get a 750ti or lower, just depends on your needs.

This is more for future, I haven't got the cash right now (also there's about half a dozen other mods I wanna do to my x200 before I go eGPU).

good luck finding someone to buy your 750ti

1 minute ago, Fourthdwarf said:

This is more for future, I haven't got the cash right now (also there's about half a dozen other mods I wanna do to my x200 before I go eGPU).

good luck finding someone to buy your 750ti

i see.

Anyways, thanks :)