GTX 970 not boosting?

xDanielxOossiex
Just now, Benji_w said:

Not everyone is a genius like you mate, he tried clocking it but didn't increase is Power target, I've been there myself. So I must be a nob head too because I didn't instantly know how to overclock the 970? Please, impart all your wisdom, maybe you can do that probe thing that Paul does in the film and instantly drops all the universes secrets on to the main characters. 

No, i'm saying you two fiddled with the card...failed, and then leave it to others to retro-actively find your mistake. Which is the worst kind of troubleshooting because you can't exclude anything and can spend hours trial&error'ing back and forth only to have something like this pop up. It's something all technicians/engineers loathe.

Complaining about the reaction only aggrevates this. Thera are plenty of guides on how to overclock maxwell cards. If you're unfamiliar with it...watch those first. Or just don't.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

No, i'm saying you two fiddled with the card...failed, and then leave it to others to retro-actively find your mistake. Which is the worst kind of troubleshooting because you can't exclude anything and can spend hours trial&error'ing back and forth only to have something like this pop up. It's something all technicians/engineers loathe.

Complaining about the reaction only aggrevates this. Thera are plenty of guides on how to overclock maxwell cards. If you're unfamiliar with it...watch those first. Or just don't.

Actually I fixed his issue in 3 replies, I also asked for help in another forum and got it without the name calling or sarcasm you're portraying. There is no excuse for being a wanker I'm afraid.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

1 minute ago, Benji_w said:

Actually I fixed his issue in 3 replies, I also asked for help in another forum and got it without the name calling or sarcasm you're portraying. There is no excuse for being a wanker I'm afraid.

Are you done virtue signalling?

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Are you done virtue signalling?

I dunno, are you done too? If you don't know how to stop being a twat there are loads of books on the subject as I know you're not one for asking for advice.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

20 hours ago, Benji_w said:

Actually it was probably set to 50% from stock? No need to call OP a bellend, most 970s are very low power state cards and heavily restricted for it. 

I have my GTX 970 for about 4 to 5 months now. I don't know what happend and why it set itself to 50% power limit. When I saw 50% PL in gpu-z, I first thought one of my pci-e cables was not connected properly. And I always had it on 110% power limit and 50-60% fanspeed to keep cool. I found out because you said to check gpu-z. Thanks a lot!

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

20 hours ago, Majestic said:

No, they never roll out of the factory with 50% powertargets. His signature features overclocking stats, he fiddled with it and got stuff wrong.

I did, I set the power limit to 110%.

And Idk when it happened, but I couldn't see the power limit slider anymore, I though it was because of an update.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD