can you buy a pre-overclock tested 3770k?

PBaines

looking to get a new 3770K while I wait weeks for my current one to get RMA'd.

Is there any place that sells chips that have been tested and stable at a certain clock?

Looking for a 1.35v-1.4v chip that does 5.0ghz on water :)

Phil

Probably not as the temps will be different from cooling solution to cooling solution

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I think someone awhile back said you can look for certain model #'s or something and try to buy that model # or some crap. But other than that I don't think so.

@Bluejay0 asked about it a long time ago

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It'd be really cool if a guy bought a bunch of k skews and tested them all and made money by selling the higher achieving CPU's for more than MSRP, but I think that's also illegal.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I think someone awhile back said you can look for certain model #'s or something and try to buy that model # or some crap. But other than that I don't think so.

@Bluejay0 asked about it a long time ago

I believe that it's not mode l# but the batch #

Usually CPU's from the same batch tend to perform and overclock similarly, of course within a margin

Yes you can buy bundles that include; motherboard, ram, CPU cooler and overclocked CPU. http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs-overclocked-bundles

They don't have a 3770k but they have a 3570k, 4670k and 4770k. 

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

People bin CPUs on eBay. If you see a "like new" CPU then it's been binned and its bad.

People keep the good chips for themselves.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

It'd be really cool if a guy bought a bunch of k skews and tested them all and made money by selling the higher achieving CPU's for more than MSRP, but I think that's also illegal.

Nothing is illegal knowing the right people.

Why is it illegal? They would also have to sell the bad ones for a lower price. They would come out of the process with a lot of time wasted and no profit.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

people actually do this on forums

i think they are called "gold cpus" or something similar

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why is it illegal? They would also have to sell the bad ones for a lower price. They would come out of the process with a lot of time wasted and no profit.

To just do this as a stand alone guy, but if a big corporate business did this, they'd have some problems but could iron those out with a few agreements, hell, I'd pay and extra $50 for a guaranteed 4.8Ghz overclockable 4770k from intel.  They should look into this to make more money.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

you can buy motherboard, cpu, cooler and ram bundles that have been pre overclocked but ive never seen them as high as 5gz.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

To just do this as a stand alone guy, but if a big corporate business did this, they'd have some problems but could iron those out with a few agreements, hell, I'd pay and extra $50 for a guaranteed 4.8Ghz overclockable 4770k from intel.  They should look into this to make more money.

it would probably have to be a hell of alot more than 50 bucks consdering they would have to buy a bunch of cpu's spend time testing and validating all of them then finally just picking out and selling the good ones. 

it would probably have to be a hell of alot more than 50 bucks consdering they would have to buy a bunch of cpu's spend time testing and validating all of them then finally just picking out and selling the good ones. 

I meant straight from intel, they'd be able to easily test each CPU for how high they clock and bin them accordingly, a little more intensive from how they bin now.

To just do this as a stand alone guy, but if a big corporate business did this, they'd have some problems but could iron those out with a few agreements, hell, I'd pay and extra for a guaranteed 4.8Ghz overclockable 4770k from intel.  They should look into this to make more money.

Yes, but this already happens. They just sell it as a more expensive chip...

Think GK110 and, in fact most chips out there. It's called speed binning.

Also, they would have to sell you all the hardware to guarantee you any over clock. Also think of how many people would ruin their chips or complain because they had no idea what they were doing.

Yes, but this already happens. They just sell it as a more expensive chip...

Think GK110 and, in fact most chips out there. It's called speed binning.

Also, they would have to sell you all the hardware to guarantee you any over clock. Also think of how many people would ruin their chips or complain because they had no idea what they were doing.

only bad things would come of this with your arguments, better to just play the lottery.

I meant straight from intel, they'd be able to easily test each CPU for how high they clock and bin them accordingly, a little more intensive from how they bin now.

yes, if it's directly from intel i can see it actually being viable :P but it would kinda go against the market and make alot of people unhappy, they are already soldering off extra cores and other things then giving things different names/prices/labels this would just push that even further, if they binned the cpus that way it would just end up with you having to pay premium price to get a certain overclock or you can buy a basic cpu and get a terrible or sort of average overclocker, because they would have to validate the cpus, then set a premium price on the decent overclockers and the "normal" or bad overclockers would go in the "basic" pile of cpus. I much prefer a silicon lottery overy such a broken and regulated market.

they are already doing this to a great extent .. i wouldn't encourage them to push it even further ...

people actually do this on forums

i think they are called "gold cpus" or something similar

I can confirm. Other forums with markets like OCN do have some people that sell Golden chips.

Error: 410

yes, if it's directly from intel i can see it actually being viable :P but it would kinda go against the market and make alot of people unhappy, they are already soldering off extra cores and other things then giving things different names/prices/labels this would just push that even further, if they binned the cpus that way it would just end up with you having to pay premium price to get a certain overclock or you can buy a basic cpu and get a terrible or sort of average overclocker, because they would have to validate the cpus set a premium price on the decent overclockers and the "normal" or bad overclockers would go in the "basic" pile of cpus. I much prefer a silicon lottery overy such a broken and regulated market.

they are already doing this to a great extent .. i wouldn't encourage them to push it even further ...

they should make a 4790k, basically a 4770k with a 4.3Ghz base clock and 4.5Ghz boost clock and that can go up to 4.8Ghz or more for $100 more, I think they'd make more money this way while also keeping a high performing CPU just under it.  Pretty much just paying for a unicorn.

The only way is to buy a system from someone like NCIX and have them pre overclock it. they offer that as a add on feature but it costs more. you can't just ask for 5ghz not every chip can hit 5ghz.

they should make a 4790k, basically a 4770k with a 4.3Ghz base clock and 4.5Ghz boost clock and that can go up to 4.8Ghz or more for $100 more, I think they'd make more money this way while also keeping a high performing CPU just under it.  Pretty much just paying for a unicorn.

i guess you didn't fully read my previous post, or i just explained it badly, added a comma that might make it abit easier to understand.

i guess you didn't fully read my previous post, or i just explained it badly, added a comma that might make it abit easier to understand.

With sandy bridge and ivy bridge, it isn't as much of a problem. Since Haswell has such a degree of difference between the CPU's, I think it's necessary to have a second skew for a guaranteed good product.  I do see your point and also believe the lottery is a fine way to do it, but it would be nice to have a truly guaranteed enthusiast grade 4 core 1150.

I think it would be a disatvantage because the user can say the chip was used and shortened the life of the chip.