Power Line Adapters

Supercian411

I have the xbox one and want to use in-home  streaming properly but don't have a wired connection and thought about power line adapters and would it work if so tell me how to set it up any help would be greatly appreciated 

Plug one in by your router and attach an Ethernet cable. Plug one in by the xbox, and plug the Ethernet cable in there as well. It's as easy as it looks. They also have encrypt options where you have to hit an extra button.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Yes they work
I'm using about 6 off them in my house atm.
You plug the into you wall power outlet. they work best if you have them running on the same circuit (fuse/trip in your fuse board).

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Sorry to be offtopic but this sounds interesting. What model should I buy if I want one of these?

Been using TP Link Powerline adapters since 2012, same ones.

Best advice, dont plug it through a Powerbar/surge protector, plug it directly into the wall, and I dont know if theres "updated" hardware now, but plugging any other plug into the same wall outlet(s) that the Adapter is in, will reduce signal quality. I lose about 1/3 speed when I had something else plugged in, mind you I'm talking about something that draws a lot of power like a PC or another surge protector(with 3+ devices), I just have a 5 port powerbar plugged into the socket with a bunch of chargers(360 batteries and iPad charger) beside the Adapter and have not noticed any internet speed problems or dips.

The router and first powerline Adapter are downstairs and my PC/Consoles are on the 2nd floor at exactly the other end of the house, these Adapters are awesome, Wifi barely reaches where I play (0-1 bars out of 5) have the Adapter in the PC room plugged into a Switch, so that I can share wired connection to PC, PS3, PS4, XO and 360  and get my ~full internet speed =D

One last thing I'd advise is to set your console to a static IP if you're connecting to your router, and setting up port forwarding. If you connect right to the modem, however, that is a) better for gaming, and b) makes port forwarding a non-issue

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Monster Power ones. Only because I got them so cheap of fleabay, but they work amazingly fast.

I went with the netgear 1200 runs at exactly the same speed as my wifi did but without any signal issues at all.