Anti Drone Net Gun (Wan show called this one)

Henryissoreal

http://www.popsci.com/skywall-is-an-anti-drone-net-bazooka

http://openworksengineering.com/skywall

TOO BAD 'SKYNET' WAS ALREADY TAKEN

"The SkyWall concept is simple; physically capture a drone in a net and bring it to the ground safely under a parachute. Physically capturing a drone is the best way to ensure control of a situation is maintained. Once captured it can be impounded, forensically investigated or simply handed back with some words of education where appropriate. Perhaps more importantly, the potential legal implications of damaging the pilot’s property (drone) are mitigated."

Just saying Linus and Luke totally called this one when the drone signal blocker was a suggested and I think it is a better idea than that because it would be less disruptive to other devices but if a consumer version was designed it would slow the implementation of delivery drones.

Also what could be the potential range of a net gun because I wonder if it could reach the entire 400 foot FCC doesn't screw you over zone.

And if they created a completely automated system how/were they would implement it.

And think about the fact that local law enforcement would love to get there hands on this and take out consumer drones that are "disturbing the peace" or interfering with local law enforcement.

I mean, at least they're not just letting it gravitate to the ground at a slow rate of 9.8m/s2 (or whatever it is).

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

WAN show called this one because they were reporting on it from a forum post a week ago.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Wonder if this means we'll start randomly seeing drone dogfights now?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

9 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Wonder if this means we'll start randomly seeing drone dogfights now?

I'm surprised that this is not a kickstarter.

16 hours ago, Xorbot said:

-snip

Better version.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Or you know... a homemade jammer hooked up to a cantenna with a scope.

What you gona do?

Well, if it's negatively affecting me, contact the proper authorities 

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

On 3/10/2016 at 8:44 AM, huilun02 said:

Or you know... a homemade jammer hooked up to a cantenna with a scope.

What you gona do?

I don't know about your local laws but were I am that would be highly illegal

21 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Yes that's what everyone says, but cant do jack shit about. 

My whole point is, when the perfect device can be made for a couple bucks, why does the govt and companies pour millions into some other crappy solution?

Its fine by me if they restrict the beam jammer to law enfircement use. 

Just stop being so pathetic already. 

I defiantly agree with the whole they don't enforce it but that's because they are only illegal to operate not to own so they would have to catch you red handed but the reason they are illegal is because they interfere with most other forms of communication as well it wouldn't be a good thing if law enforcement could use them because no one in the near vicinity could use any form of communication

And yes I do think the net gun is sort of overkill for that task

15 hours ago, huilun02 said:

You don't seem to understand how radio frequency and antenna types work...

My proposed jammer isn't going to 'interfere with most other forms of communication' let alone have any effect 'in the near vicinity'

And no the net gun isn't overkill. Its totally impractical. Its useless if the drone is too high or far away.

Yes you would be correct in assuming that I am no expert but is there:

1:Any standardized radio frequency for drones (I realise that there is probably a designated wavelength that they have to comply to but other devices must use it)?

2:Actualy a device that could accomplish jamming a single range effectively/affordably (I realise that that type of technology could be developed but I would be surprised if someone could make such an accurate jammer at home)?

PS: not trying to argue just asking because I really don't have much knowledge on the subject