Does overclocking an Intel I7 Extreme edition K/X cpu Void the warranty?

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

hmm i got a 5820k back in october

it was second hand

i havent used it yet

When you got it is irrelevant. The processor itself must have been purchased less than a year ago by the person you obtained it from. While the standard warranty is non-transferable, I doubt they would be able to tell, unless they require an invoice to be provided with it. 

The simple answer is: Yes. Overclocking voids the standard warranty, even on unlocked CPU's. HOWEVER. Intel has been known to replace CPU's anyways out of good faith. If you are honestly worried about warranties, overclocking is not for you. Voiding warranties are an overclockers pastime. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

When you got it is irrelevant. The processor itself must have been purchased less than a year ago by the person you obtained it from. While the standard warranty is non-transferable, I doubt they would be able to tell, unless they require an invoice to be provided with it. 

The simple answer is: Yes. Overclocking voids the standard warranty, even on unlocked CPU's. HOWEVER. Intel has been known to replace CPU's anyways out of good faith. If you are honestly worried about warranties, overclocking is not for you. Voiding warranties are an overclockers pastime. 

I think Intel standard warranty on box processors (OEM marked cpus go through different channels) is 3 years :)

usually it's 3 years from batch week (so L310 cpus are now out :() or if you can prove a purchase as new via an invoice thats within 3 years should your batch be too old:)

52 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

123.jpg.a6a3cf49d99e2196aa547be5cc3fdd49

lol

Still can't get my Pentium 4 to do that with 2.2V on my P5Q deluxe. And that's with the plastic for the heatsinks fan almost melting it was getting that hot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL