Looking for a clean mainboard mounting on wood

Hello Ehtusiats,

im planning a project where i want to build a desk case fusion by my own, also my first project in costume case building. Plans for the design are drawn, however im looking for a professional way to mount a mainboard on wood, but i can't find screws like the normal ones with the wood specific thread, would be nice if you can help me out.

greets from Germany Brezzels

11 minutes ago, Brezzels said:

Hello Ehtusiats,

im planning a project where i want to build a desk case fusion by my own, also my first project in costume case building. Plans for the design are drawn, however im looking for a professional way to mount a mainboard on wood, but i can't find screws like the normal ones with the wood specific thread, would be nice if you can help me out.

greets from Germany Brezzels

For the motherboard standoff you can get threaded inserts like theses to install them into the wood portion of the desk.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0123224

Thanks a lot, could not find these in germany even not on casking.de. 

9 minutes ago, Brezzels said:

Thanks a lot, could not find these in germany even not on casking.de. 

If you have places like Fastenal or stores that specialize in hardware (nuts and bolts) look for threaded inserts.

These will work also, they are 6-32 thread which is fairly standard for motherboard standoffs the other being M3:

http://www.amazon.de/Great-Planes-Threaded-Inserts-GPMQ3362/dp/B001BHEFKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457592618&sr=8-1