Skylake motherboard

Hello,

i am planing to upgrade my pc from amd fx 8350 to i7 6700k and i wonder what motherboard will be best of choice.

got 4sticks of ddr3 memory 2100mhz kingston hyperx (16gb overall)  which am planing to use and gpu nvidia gtx 980 so i need those to go with it as well and i need at least 2x pcie slot for sli in the future.

can u help me to choose the best motherboard for my system ? thanks

7 minutes ago, Luskysak said:

Hello,

i am planing to upgrade my pc from amd fx 8350 to i7 6700k and i wonder what motherboard will be best of choice.

got 4sticks of ddr3 memory 2100mhz kingston hyperx (16gb overall)  which am planing to use and gpu nvidia gtx 980 so i need those to go with it as well and i need at least 2x pcie slot for sli in the future.

You will need to upgrade to DDR4 or DDR3L when upgrading to Skylake man. As far as motherboards go, what is your budget?

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

17 minutes ago, Luskysak said:

Hello,

While your DDR3 memory will work just fine(you don't need DDR3L) you are going to have to manually input the VCCIO/VCCSA voltage to ensure no damage will happen to the IMC. It will also be considerably slower than just buying a decent DDR4 kit. You can get 3000mhz CL14 (2x8GB) for $105, or 3200mhz CL14 (2x8GB) for $120. If that sounds too pricey, just get a generic DDR4 16GB kit for $60, and I can walk you through a simple 2800mhz overclock. 

If you are dead set on using DDR3, here are your only options. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#s=30&c=110

Not a single one of those motherboards support SLI either. Take my advice, and move on to DDR4. Staying with DDR3 on Skylake is just going to hold the rest of your system back. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Well, i am not dead set on ddr3 its just that i have em already, but i guess ill use em to.upgrade girlfriends pc.

Now, lets change it a little, we got rid of the ram so lets choose mb and ram for that skylake. Btw got fsp 1000w power supply, guess it should still be ok with that.

About the budget...  lets say there is no strick budget but consider best performance per curency, and am not a milionaire xD

Edit: on a second though the price could be around 150-170$ on MB 

nice, found a great deal on memory sticks got 2x8 ddr 4, 3ghz kingston hyperx with 67% of xD