PS4 is 50% faster than the Xbox One

TopWargamer

What about The Last of Us?

TLOU pretty much looks like a next gen game and what Naughty Dog was able to accomplish with 512MB RAM and a 7 year old cell processor was amazing. IMO Sony can use popsicle sticks and make a structurally sound home.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

TLOU pretty much looks like a next gen game and what Naughty Dog was able to accomplish with 512MB RAM and a 7 year old cell processor was amazing. IMO Sony can use popsicle sticks and make a structurally sound home.

*256MB of RAM...just saying

:P

COMIC SANS

What about The Last of Us?

This basically^

*256MB of RAM...just saying

:P

Ha. 

The point is, The PS3 is better than the Xbox 360, graphically. It just took developers forever to learn how to make games like The Last of us and Beyond: Two Souls with it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This basically^

Ha. 

The point is, The PS3 is better than the Xbox 360, graphically. It just took developers forever to learn how to make games like The Last of us and Beyond: Two Souls with it.

I didn't find the graphics to be particularly... fantastic

I really don't thank them for it the ps3 and xbox 360 had a good amount of power for games unlike this gen which will run for 10 years, We will end up being held back by console so much more by the end of the "next gens" life cycle

I know what are you saying, but developers will be always chained to the consoles, only the pc exclusives will have that freedom, but AAA games are 90% multiplatform, I believe that this 10 year cycle will not be equal to the last one, they have the stream technology, I hope on their 6/7 year they really kick that service and start using it the same way Nvidia Grid is and in that time consoles will be at the same level as pc in a way, and pc and console will start to blur the lines as a desktop and living room entertainment.

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M

I know what are you saying, but developers will be always chained to the consoles, only the pc exclusives will have that freedom, but AAA games are 90% multiplatform, I believe that this 10 year cycle will not be equal to the last one, they have the stream technology, I hope on their 6/7 year they really kick that service and start using it the same way Nvidia Grid is and in that time consoles will be at the same level as pc in a way, and pc and console will start to blur the lines as a desktop and living room entertainment.

I think consoles are trying to be more like pc's every gen so I think they will blur in with pc's or die in the next 10 years could just be me being hopeful

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick and I am a PS4 fanboy. (Hi Patrick) Can I tell you guys something in confidence?

I plan on making my PS4 more than just a gaming console. I plan on using it for 3D Blu Rays an Netflix just as much as I use it for games if not more. I spend more time watching movies than playing games.

I will now yield to the flames

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I think consoles are trying to be more like pc's every gen so I think they will blur in with pc's or die in the next 10 years could just be me being hopeful

There is the public need to living room game entertainment, and the games for pc, even the OS is not optimized for it, maybe the future for Microsoft will stop making consoles hardware and just make an OS for a regular PC but its optimized to be controlled by a gamepad(ex: Windows 9 = desktops, Xbox OS=livingroom), and sony well or they get into the OS business or they are fked, maybe they join forces with google and do an android/psn OS.

Edit: Oh got the perfect idea for sony, team up with Valve, build a OS dedicated to living room gaming and GG.

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M

The PS3 was a bitch to develop for and is just now being used to it's full potential. If the Xbox ones Esram is a pain in the ass for devs, it won't be utilized properly. So the PS4 has so many advantages going for it. the devs that want to make a proper fantastic looking game will go with PS4 because MSoft ruins creativity.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

What I see when console people fight over which one is more powerful:

3077392-slap-fight.jpg

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

So now even consoles are going to be held back by other consoles now

... holy shit, you're right!

Guess who's not looking forward to doing any kind of development for the xbone? ._.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

There is the public need to living room game entertainment, and the games for pc, even the OS is not optimized for it, maybe the future for Microsoft will stop making consoles hardware and just make an OS for a regular PC but its optimized to be controlled by a gamepad(ex: Windows 9 = desktops, Xbox OS=livingroom), and sony well or they get into the OS business or they are fked, maybe they join forces with google and do an android/psn OS.

Edit: Oh got the perfect idea for sony, team up with Valve, build a OS dedicated to living room gaming and GG.

I think pc could potentially take it all and the choice be between htpcs and regular desktops and maybe steam big picture coming into it's own on htpcs

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

My favorite part was "Ten years ago, you could argue that a console’s power was summed up in terms of a few of its specs, but Xbox One is designed as a powerful machine to deliver the best blockbuster games today and for the next decade. Xbox One architecture is much more complex than what any single figure can convey. It was designed with balanced performance in mind, and we think the games we continue to show running on near-final hardware demonstrate that performance. In the end, we’ll let the consoles and their games speak for themselves."

Now I'm going to think of the consoles like AMD and NVidia, a game might be optimized for a certain company but the other company quickly comes out with a patch for that game to give it the max. FPS as smooth as possible, if you understand what I'm saying. I really don't believe that there will be that much of a performance gap between the two.

I do like some games on the PS4 but not enough of them to make pre-order a day one console like the Xbox One.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

The way the ESRAM works it might become more beneficial as the console ages, when optimizations are trying to squeak all the performance out of the system, though I find it strange they didn't just go with the GDDR5 solution.

This said I think you're going to find it hard to pick which looks better in a blind test, especially without comparing individual frames, I'm not sure you'll notice tangible improvements if you moved from playing game Y on the Xbone to the playing it on the PS4. Also, console gamers seem to have a wider tolerance to overall graphics quality and aren't as critical on "what would be considered sub-par PC resolutions, FPS and effects". Before I got a gaming PC I certainly put up with frame rates that I now couldn't deal with without really caring.

Since when did console users care about specs? lolol

I'm slowly watching them turn into PC users....JOIN THE DARK SIDE U CONSOLE PEOPLE!

I refuse to become a full PC gamer, I will not join the dark side. :P

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I refuse to become a full PC gamer, I will not join the dark side. :P

Your sig says what?!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

10 years ago the best pc graphics were like world of warcraft 1.0. The best graphics of today that an apu can power are like skyrim with decent textures and a bit of filtering.

10 years from now skyrim will look like daggerfall.

I don't want to play low textured unfiltered daggerfall

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

50% sounds a bit on the high side to me.

We already know what GPUs the Xbone and PS4 uses so it's fairly easy to figure out which is more powerful, and by how much.

PS4:

8 Jaguar cores at ~1.6GHz

1152 GPU cores (maximum shader throughput: 1.84TFLOPs)

8GB GDDR5 - 5500MHz (effective frequency) - 176GB/s bandwidth

Xbox One:

8 Jaguar cores at 1.75GHz.

768 GPU cores (maximum shader throughput: ~1.3TFLOPs)

8GB DDR3 - 2133MHz (effective frequency) - 68.3GB/s bandwidth

32MB of eSRAM for the GPU (102GB/s)

For shader throughput, the PS 4 is about 41% faster than the Xbone (and yes I took the recently announced overclock into consideration). The use of GDDR5 makes a ton of sense since it uses an APU, and that will greatly help for raw GPU horsepower, but it might have a small impact on general CPU tasks (since it has much higher latency).

The Xbone has some eSRAM but that's most likely just there to cover up for the lack of bandwidth for the GPU, not to give the Xbone an advantage over the PS4. It might make it so that the two systems are fairly comparable as far as memory bandwidth goes, but the PS4 most likely still have a slight edge.

So yeah, the PS4 destroys the Xbox One when it comes to GPU performance. 50% might be a bit of a stretch, but it is probably about 35-40% faster. The Xbone has a slightly more powerful CPU (probably) but it also has to run 3 OSes (Hypervisor, Xbox OS and some scaled down Windows 8 thing for apps) so that slightly faster CPU might be very busy handling all that, while the PS4 only has 1 OS to take care of.

The Xbox One will probably run a lot cooler though. Not only does it have a much smaller GPU to produce heat, the memory also uses a lot less power. Oh and the thing is huge so it probably has better cooling.

Let's recap:

PS4 is 50% faster than Xbox One, and BF4 for PS4 runs only at 720p to achieve 60 FPS?

Would this mean that BF4 for Xbox One runs at 480p to achieve similar framerates? LOL

Exactly dot dot dot

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log