Good games to buy on Steam?

orangecat

I've been real bored lately with my games library and I wanna buy some new games but I just don't know what to buy. Any recommendations?

Also I'm not much of a fan of obscure games nobody's ever heard of. Also no $60+ games because I'm broke.

Factorio

Warning: May be addicting

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

I've heard good things about Ori and the blind forest or something like that. And because I'm a fan and will always recommend it - Mirror's Edge

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

9 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I've been real bored lately with my games library and I wanna buy some new games but I just don't know what to buy. Any recommendations?

Also I'm not much of a fan of obscure games nobody's ever heard of. Also no $60+ games because I'm broke.

Stardew.

16 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Why not go on these steam games lottery sides and get a random game. Try out chivalary medival warfare thats a nice game

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

Dungeon defenders 1 & 2

Terraria

Half Life 2

I've also heard that awesomenauts is pretty fun

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Transistor

Starbound

Stardew Valley

Child of Light (on sale for Wii U if you have one)

Any of the Elder Scrolls games.

Lord of Helium.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Like, not even the latest blockbuster games are $60 at cdkeys.com

Is that website legit? it looks a bit sketchy.

36 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

AC IV Black Flag - I have never really been "erhmahgerd another AC" kind of guy, but holy smokes this is a great game for not a lot of money

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Just now, FunkyFeatures said:

AC IV Black Flag - I have never really been "erhmahgerd another AC" kind of guy, but holy smokes this is a great game for not a lot of money

I own that game and personally I don't like AC games not because their crap but because of Ubisoft. Thanks for the recommendation though.

1 minute ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I own that game and personally I don't like AC games not because their crap but because of Ubisoft. Thanks for the recommendation though.

I don't like Ubisoft either, I got it through Steam (although I still have to use Uplay to launch it), which at least makes it refundable if it doesn't work.

If you have a controller, consider picking up Project Cars - I love it personally, but that is only because I am in my "racing game stage". I've almost stopped playing FPS games, and this keeps me entertained

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

What kind of games do you like and what games do you already have?

I'm a massive fan of insurgency. It was a half-life 2 mod originally but got made into a standalone game. The graphics aren't the best, but the gameplay makes up for it as does the upcoming unreal engine 4 port of the game.

Rise of the Tomb Raider?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I thought I would add a few more since I thought more about it.

Cities: Skylines

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1/2/3

Prison Architect

Planetbase

Slime Rancher (Early Access)

Final Fantasy Games

Lord of Helium.