BF4 vs BF3 poll

GoldenEagle

poll  

41 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Battlefield 4
    • Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3, obviously.

Battlefield 4 is ruined by the bad map design. 

All the maps where first laid out visually by the artists to best showcase Frostbite's capabilities. Then the game designers tried to make it work with the flow of the game. It has ruined the game, as in the most competitive game mode Domination, there is no way to move around the map tactically. There are so many flaws in the map-design that ruins the fun of the game.

Also the overall feel of the game is so arcade that it is not enjoyable if you were really into BF3 or BFBC2. 

I personally have over 1200 hours in BF3 and almost 400 in BF4. I play BF3 regularly, and when I decide to try out BF4 I realize why I don't play it after 5 minutes of gameplay. 

There are also small things in BF4 like feeling like you are running in mud because you are so slow, the clunky jumps and not being able to ADS while in air. You are very little mobile in BF4 which, in addition to the net-code and bad map design makes it a hell to play. 

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad

I still enjoy battlefield 4, but it never grabbed me in the same way that battlefield 3 did. I just feel that battlefield 3 played better, almost smoother than 4 does. I almost want to grab battlefield 3 for the pc but I don't know if there are still enough players on the servers to make that worthwhile.

Just now, Squirrel724 said:

I still enjoy battlefield 4, but it never grabbed me in the same way that battlefield 3 did. I just feel that battlefield 3 played better, almost smoother than 4 does. I almost want to grab battlefield 3 for the pc but I don't know if there are still enough players on the servers to make that worthwhile.

There is definitely enough players. Some game-modes like Air Superiority has died completely, but the community is ver alive. I am only playing on Hardcore servers, and even that niche part is very, very alive!

Data Science Postgrad

25 minutes ago, Claryn said:

Battlefield 3, obviously.

You are very little mobile in BF4 which, in addition to the net-code and bad map design makes it a hell to play. 

I agree with you, except for swimming, which sucked in Battlefield 3.

Both games have terrible spawns in the deathmatch oriented gametypes though, no winner there.

144Hz goodness

BF4 was horrible at launch. While its better today I stopped playing it competitively cause it was so broken. Didn't even bother buying premium. BF3 was so much better besides suppression. Hopefully they have everything ironed out for BF5. I'd love to enjoy what was my favourite franchise again. 

1 hour ago, Notree said:

BF4 was horrible at launch. While its better today I stopped playing it competitively cause it was so broken. Didn't even bother buying premium. BF3 was so much better besides suppression. Hopefully they have everything ironed out for BF5. I'd love to enjoy what was my favourite franchise again. 

Well suppression got 2 storied. You got the arcade-game perspective and the realism perspective. 
In BF4, I get pissed when I fire a .50 bullet that hits 10cm away from the head of an opponent (which would kill him if it was real, even when passing 10cm away), and he is still able to fire with pin-point accuracy from 400 meters away. Same if I hit a sniper with my assault rifle from 300 meters away, and he is able to headshot me with 3 bullets in his body.

Yes I understand that it is stupid that if you miss a target i CQC you are rewarded. However, it does NOT make sense at all when it comes to long range engagement and accuracy/precision. 

Data Science Postgrad

1 hour ago, ivhyn said:

I agree with you, except for swimming, which sucked in Battlefield 3.

Both games have terrible spawns in the deathmatch oriented gametypes though, no winner there.

Agreed. BF4 has a lot of features that we are missing in BF3. Take all the new features like variable zoom, better mini map and swimming into BF3 and call it BF5, and get some better graphics. I'd buy it!!
Yes spawning is bad in both, but at least BF3 level design makes it possible to play tactically. 

Data Science Postgrad

I really enjoy BF4. That being said, I only ever played the BF3 beta a number of years ago and I play BF4 on the PS4 with my friends. I have put many hours into BF4 and it is one of my favorite (if not my favorite) first person shooters of all time. 

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I didn't like BF4 as much until I got premium, then it really opened up for me.  Always really liked it ever since, enjoy playing it a lot.

I've always found the game quite smooth and consistent, I get relatively the same scorelines every game with my playstyle.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If you can get BF4+Premium on sale for $20 then I'd recommend it(usually goes on sale quite frequently).

But if not BF3 is fine, even without DLC's since a lot of servers just use the base game.

Oh and you can check BF4 and BF3 servers online, they are all publicly searchable.

BF3: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/

BF4: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/

You should apply filters, Battlelog is finicky when it comes to listing servers.

You could just get BF4 without any DLC too, but when it's on sale getting the game and DLC for only $20 is a pretty good deal.

BF3. 

BF4 while good, sucked when it was released with tons of bugs.  That killed it for me.  Haven't put in the time I had in BF3 even dispite it's flaws because of said bugs in BF4.  BF4's problems kinda killed it along with the Hardline release which I still think it's just a reskinned version of BF4. lol.