Discussion on alternative for no 3.5mm jack on IPhone 7

null

4 hours ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

I agree entirely, Apple has constantly pushed the envelope of design and manufacturing and that's what Steve Jobs (my role model) strived on, to innovate and that's what Apple has always done.

This doesn't sound like innovation at all. It sounds more like a fleecing. And a step back.

4 minutes ago, AU_Gundam said:

This doesn't sound like innovation at all. It sounds more like a fleecing. And a step back.

It seems that way now but the tech industry is constantly trying to standardize and keep something the same for a while, while Apple is constantly trying to try things out and see what works best, like the Thunderbolt charger which is arguable the reason why we're seeing mass adoption of usb type c.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

null

5 minutes ago, cptavim said:

Why would he be your role model. He wasn't a very good person. He didn't actually invent, code, design anything. Wozniak made everything and made apple grow and Steve Jobs kicked him out.

Steve was a ruthless innovator, he whole life was about changing the world he saw, he wasn't a kind person, but he motivated and forced people to do their best. That's what I love about him, he never wanted to stop changing the way the world worked.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

4 hours ago, cptavim said:

I'm not talking about Apple's other stuff and Apple in general, I'm talking about how they are (rumored to be) removing the headphone jack and also how they only put one USB Type C port in the 2015 Macbook and you had to buy an expensive adapter to use multiple things.

Ah ok

null