About Long Distance WiFi

DashAki

Hello guys, i am very noob at network and want to have WiFi over 25+km for 360degress, and want the WiFi to be powerful to stream Full HD videos, is there any devices??? i watched the 25km WiFi but i thought there is low distance WiFi from one device and 25km  is only between the two devices.... or does either one of them can produce 25km WiFi????

I don't know of any omni antennas that would do 25km and you are aware you would have to bring a second antenna with you that is directional and most likely on a mast so the signal goes over the buildings around you.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

So there is no way to have a WiFi that long? just have a laptop and it connects to it? i thought the Mobile network kinda works like a WiFi network? just have a powerful antenna. so how much distance can i have with a simple WiFi?

Just now, DashAki said:

So there is no way to have a WiFi that long? just have a laptop and it connects to it? i thought the Mobile network kinda works like a WiFi network? just have a powerful antenna. so how much distance can i have with a simple WiFi?

Why do you need wifi to go 25km?

Most people just use 4g when out and about

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, DashAki said:

Yea but i think that spectrum that cell phone runs still need huge cell towers because Wifi is not great a traveling through objects, it possible but going to cost you a fare amount of money and resources to get it working. 

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Why do you need wifi to go 25km?

Most people just use 4g when out and about

True but some country data plans cost a lot of money. 

Magical Pineapples

U see, i work for a governor's office and want my area to have a single big network, which is about 100²Km, that is why....... not for myself, but to have a network for like a State.... u know.. :D

1 minute ago, DashAki said:

U see, i work for a governor's office and want my area to have a single big network, which is about 100²Km, that is why....... not for myself, but to have a network for like a State.... u know.. :D

Then they would have to install multiple network access points dotted around, 

You basically want to install a public wifi over an entire city you would need to install access points all over the place for it to work

and it would be expensive

this forum is not the right place to be asking, that is a commercial project, and there are professional channels to go through

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh ok, i got it, about the Linus's 25km WiFi, If i have one device can i have 25km WiFi around that device?

3 minutes ago, DashAki said:

Oh ok, i got it, about the Linus's 25km WiFi, If i have one device can i have 25km WiFi around that device?

His system is a fixed point to point system which usually mounting it to the roof of a building and pointing it at another building with an antenna.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

ooh ok, there can be 25km distance between those two but cannot give a WiFi about that size? so sorry u guys, i am not that good with english, and if i'm bothering you guys, please forgive me :D:D:D

1 hour ago, DashAki said:

ooh ok, there can be 25km distance between those two but cannot give a WiFi about that size? so sorry u guys, i am not that good with english, and if i'm bothering you guys, please forgive me :D:D:D

No - unfortunately it won't work like that. The PowerBeam product that Linus showed off in that video is exactly that - a beam. Most of the Ubiquiti wireless equipment with the exception of the UniFi range is designed for point to point operation between two or more sites (via relay).

For what you're wanting to do, you'll need to look into multiple access points spread across a region if you're wanting to have WiFi.

If you're simply looking for them to be all on the same network and there is an existing 4G network (3G can do but 4G preferable) then you're going to be better off looking into VPN options. That way clients can VPN into a network and be part of a wide area 'local' area network. (WALAN)

Oh ok, i get it now, i will look into VPN then, thank you, i will give up on having wide area WiFi :D