LTT B-roll VS MKBHD

Syntaxvgm

Been a while since I've watched anything from Marques Brownlee. But I'm headphone shopping, and I saw one of his newer videos. 

God I forgot how good his videos looked. 

Don't get my wrong, LMG makes pretty good B-Roll these days, and they are improving by big leaps in recent times, but how does a whole team (given I know some are the talent and some are 'sales', ect) fail to make BRoll as sexy as 1 dude that, as far as I rember is in college/hasn't made youtube his full time job or something? 

Is it the daily release schedule? IS MBL more experienced? Or is MBL just so fixated on quality that hell keep redoing it until he's got it just right? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Their quality goes to the 3 minute advertisement blurb and the other 2 minute advertisement blurb right after that. Having a big staff doesn't mean better quality. IMO, their quality has gone down the shitter since they became so large.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I would say the latter, though there's a few factors.

1. He uses a $50k+ 8K camera that can certainly help with sharpness. Or crispiness, as he says.

2. He uses lots of natural light as opposed to studio lighting.

3. He's a perfectionist who cares a lot about video quality.

He doesn't have to deal with sales, can take his time, his scripts aren't difficult, if he is indeed reading off a full script and not just prompts. 

I love Jonathan Morrison's stuff. Great production quality.

Have this video as an example.

Quote me if you want me to reply.

Brand Blacklist: Gainward, Silverstone, Cougar, Gigabyte.

I think Brandon does the majority of the B-Roll. Also, MKBHD is out of college and has made YouTube his full time job.

And yes, a daily release schedule is a lot more taxing compared to MKBHD's "It'll be out when I think its perfect"

14 minutes ago, HatsuneMilku said:

I noticed him too almost mentioned him. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

LMG's strong point has always been densely packed content with a release schedule everyday. And overtime they've been improving on B-rolls, ambience,etc and recently some pretty daring content that no one else does

MKBHD on the other hand is producing pixel perfect content (He has a $50K camera) that pretty much serves as a role model for other YouTubers

IMO both channels seem to have great future ahead unlike some others *cough UnboxTherapy *cough

1 minute ago, RedRound2 said:

LMG's strong point has always been densely packed content with a release schedule everyday. And overtime they've been improving on B-rolls, ambience,etc and recently some pretty daring content that no one else does

MKBHD on the other hand is producing pixel perfect content (He has a $50K camera) that pretty much serves as a role model for other YouTubers

IMO both channels seem to have great future ahead unlike some others *cough UnboxTherapy *cough

haha I hate unbox therapy! 

muh specs 

All parts black

19 minutes ago, HatsuneMilku said:

Aww, his audio and video production has got to be one of the best if not the best

3 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

..unlike some others *cough UnboxTherapy *cough

Yeah, he's not going anywhere but down. He can't review, he simply reacts to products.

inb4 react world joke

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

4 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

haha I hate unbox therapy! 

Unbox Therapy is much better. I don't feel like I'm watching a commercial the entire time.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

2 minutes ago, ttam said:

Unbox Therapy is much better. I don't feel like I'm watching a commercial the entire time.

I'm fine with the LTT format. I can separate the sponsor being shoved down my throat from the potentially ill-informed/biased review. I like seeing LTT being sponsored, means they are doing things right in that department and can continue to grow and improve.  

muh specs 

All parts black

12 minutes ago, ttam said:

Idunno, as @Syntaxvgm said you can pretty much isolate the ad parts in an LTT video and feed on the remaining great content but Lew on the other hand has been unboxing some survival kit and wooden case for a while. And man the filler Jack thing is getting soo old 

MKBHD's quality is due to eexpensive camera + equipment like these.

And I suppose he uses them to their full potential

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

I enjoy being able to watch a new LTT video every day. You gotta hand it to them for being able to create original content every day that is entertaining. The channel is a great source of tech news. However it can get annoying with the delayed release schedule on YouTube compared to Vessel (although I get the need for funds to pay the whole LMG crew).

5 hours ago, ttam said:

Ads > Clickbait shit

Although recently Linus' videos have been getting clickbaity as well (but in a different way -- Unbox Therapy jumps on -Gate trains).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

MKBHD finished college and made YT his FT job. And, even though he was alone before, he joined up with other YTers  recently (who I believe have support staff) so he's quality is going to improve with the extra help.

UrAvgConsumer has my favorite b roll. Mainly because of the set pieces he uses like the Gundam models and pokeballs lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)