how is the ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99?

5 year warranty for the Sabertooth. Slightly less PCIe lane compatibility/functionality than the Pro. If you don't need on-board wifi/bluetooth it's a moot point (only the Pro has it). My OC/voltages didn't change going from the Deluxe to the Sabertooth, there should be no performance difference at all.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

9 minutes ago, runit3 said:

5 year warranty for the Sabertooth. Slightly less PCIe lane compatibility/functionality than the Pro. If you don't need on-board wifi/bluetooth it's a moot point (only the Pro has it). My OC/voltages didn't change going from the Deluxe to the Sabertooth, there should be no performance difference at all.

does the sabertooth have a good set of features? how many gpus can it support?

Just now, DominicNikon said:

does the sabertooth have a good set of features?

In what terms? All X99 boards come with nearly the same feature sets. The only things that separate them from each other are the PCIe lane layouts, OC sockets, on-board wifi/bt, and controller producers.

If you wanted specifics the main features I use are the M.2 slot (NVMe boot drive), segregated SATA controllers for RAID arrays and a normal AHCI array. It has dual NIC's but I don't use them, only the Intel NIC. These features aren't unique to the Sabertooth, the only reason I'm using a Sabertooth in my main machine is the 5 year warranty.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Hi!

I was just about to post the same kind of thread, I have been struggling with my choice between the Asus X99 Sabertooth and the Asus X99 Deluxe.

Here is my list of advantages for each board, am I missing any, are any moot?

Asus X99 Sabertooth

- More fan headers on the board itself

- 5-year warranty

- Better thermals? With the thermal armor and fan?

- Better M.2 placement in my opinion

- In my case, better color, it goes well with my GPU

Asus X99 Deluxe

- Fan header card, which could hide everything behind the mb

- More USB ports

- More PCIe ports

- 2x M.2 slots, with the included expansion card

- Wifi & Bluetooth

Anything missing? Anything that I should put more importance into? (at this point price isn't a concern)

Thanks!

Bill

6 minutes ago, Bill Silverlight said:

Hi!

I was just about to post the same kind of thread, I have been struggling with my choice between the Asus X99 Sabertooth and the Asus X99 Deluxe.

Here is my list of advantages for each board, am I missing any, are any moot?

Asus X99 Sabertooth

- More fan headers on the board itself

- 5-year warranty

- Better thermals? With the thermal armor and fan?

- Better M.2 placement in my opinion

- In my case, better color, it goes well with my GPU

Asus X99 Deluxe

- Fan header card, which could hide everything behind the mb

- More USB ports

- More PCIe ports

- 2x M.2 slots, with the included expansion card

- Wifi & Bluetooth

Anything missing? Anything that I should put more importance into? (at this point price isn't a concern)

Thanks!

Bill

last time i checked you could buy the fan card from asus and use it on any asus mobo with a open 4 pin header

16 minutes ago, runit3 said:

In what terms? All X99 boards come with nearly the same feature sets. The only things that separate them from each other are the PCIe lane layouts, OC sockets, on-board wifi/bt, and controller producers.

If you wanted specifics the main features I use are the M.2 slot (NVMe boot drive), segregated SATA controllers for RAID arrays and a normal AHCI array. It has dual NIC's but I don't use them, only the Intel NIC. These features aren't unique to the Sabertooth, the only reason I'm using a Sabertooth in my main machine is the 5 year warranty.

does it have a good amount of usb ports?

1 hour ago, runit3 said:

does the sabertooth have the overclocking features?

Sabertooth x99 is tuf

X99 pro not tuf.

:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

36 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Sabertooth x99 is tuf

X99 pro not tuf.

:P

does tuf take away overclocking and features? i dont need wireless 

2 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

does it have a good amount of usb ports?

Yes. Look at a picture of the I/O

1 hour ago, DominicNikon said:

does the sabertooth have the overclocking features?

Every OC feature I can think of. Not an ideal board for DICE/LN2 as the thermal armor would have a tendency to hold moisture, and it would be a PIA to dam up.

Just now, runit3 said:

Yes. Look at a picture of the I/O

Every OC feature I can think of. Not an ideal board for DICE/LN2 as the thermal armor would have a tendency to hold moisture, and it would be a PIA to dam up.

ok at lesst good overclocking for liquid cooling

Just now, DominicNikon said:

ok at lesst good overclocking for liquid cooling

? no board has any features that would facilitate water cooling unless there's a block on-board. The socket placement is virtually the same across all boards. Not sure what you mean.

Just now, runit3 said:

? no board has any features that would facilitate water cooling unless there's a block on-board. The socket placement is virtually the same across all boards. Not sure what you mean.

does it have the same amount of overclocking features as the deluxe? i would get the deluxe but is a $100 more then the sabertooth

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

does it have the same amount of overclocking features as the deluxe? i would get the deluxe but is a $100 more then the sabertooth

The same or more. Sabertooth has an additional EPS for the CPU, I would guess there's some crazy LN2 settings buried in my BIOS somewhere. Again, there was no difference in my OC between either board. Core 4.625 cache 4.375

Just now, runit3 said:

The same or more. Sabertooth has an additional EPS for the CPU, I would guess there's some crazy LN2 settings buried in my BIOS somewhere. Again, there was no difference in my OC between either board. Core 4.625 cache 4.375

ok hows the audio?

does tuf take away overclocking and features? i dont need wireless 

All Asus boards will have the same OC features. The only board that's a bit different is the Rampage V Extreme. It has a physical LN2 mode and a X-Socket II, which allows you to change the stock cpu backplate to one that's designed for LN2. It also has slow mode, which should help the board boot when the cpu is at sub zero temps. Difference between these boards besides the number of I/O ports and how PCIe lanes are distributed, are both Sabertooth X99 and Pro will have their last x16 slot disable when a M.2 is installed and vice versa, doesn't matter what cpu you have. X99 Deluxe and Rampage V Extreme have flexible PCIe lanes that will allows M.2 and last x16 slot to be used at the same time. The USB 3.1 model for both Deluxe and Extreme just comes with a USB 3.1 PCIe card. There are no physical changes to the board itself. Sabertooth is new so it already comes with onboard USB 3.1. On the Pro, only the USB 3.1 model comes with USB 3.1 ports. Deluxe also bundles with a 5-pin extension fan hub that supports individual DC/PWM controls, and a extra M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 PCIe card for additional M.2 drive. The fan extension hub was only for the deluxe, but other boards support it too, so Asus did a strawpoll on it.

http://pcdiy.asus.com/2015/05/poll-do-you-want-to-buy-the-asus-fan-extension-hub-module/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

ok hows the audio?

It works? Powers up to my 250ohms, little loss of quality without my inline amp/DAC on that pair. I don't have FLAC files or HD800/DT990's sitting around to really push it. I also don't do any kind of studio or professional mixing, games are really all I care about when it comes to audio and it performs adequately.

32 minutes ago, runit3 said:

It works? Powers up to my 250ohms, little loss of quality without my inline amp/DAC on that pair. I don't have FLAC files or HD800/DT990's sitting around to really push it. I also don't do any kind of studio or professional mixing, games are really all I care about when it comes to audio and it performs adequately.

OK how are the colors? I'm kinda worried it will look bad I have red and black now 

48 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

OK how are the colors? I'm kinda worried it will look bad I have red and black now 

Are you trolling? I honestly can't tell anymore. Half of these questions can be answered by looking at pictures or a spec sheet.

If you don't like the look of the thermal armor it can easily be removed and painted to match whatever theme you want to go with.