Would a USB Wireless Headset benefit from a Soundcard?

htran27

I am currently using a Sony Playstation Wireless Gold Headphones that has two configuration for connection. A 3.5mm Jack and USB Dongle. I was wondering If I can use the wired method (3.5mm jack) plug it into a sound card and benefit from it?

not really, unless you notice a lot of EMI or static when you use them right now

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You could plug the 3.5mm plug into a soundcard, but unless there is something wrong with your current solution you won't notice a difference.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

No.

The 3.5mm connector on the headset is for convenience and use with devices that lack a USB output. If you use it, you'll be going from D > A > D > A (converting twice) which lowers quality.

8 minutes ago, SSL said:

No.

The 3.5mm connector on the headset is for convenience and use with devices that lack a USB output. If you use it, you'll be going from D > A > D > A (converting twice) which lowers quality.

The master is back all hail SSL.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Yeah that's a negative 

If you quote me or are replying to me please @ me. Thanks