Doom (2016) Alpha OpenGL Benchmarks Surface – AMD Radeon faster than Nvidia Geforce (for now)

Mr_Troll
22 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Game doesn´t support sli or xfire.

Im surprised they even bothered testing SLI'd 780 TI's then, still, I'm still shocked that a 280X beats a 780 TI.

23 hours ago, daniellearmouth said:

Same.

I haven't installed a single mod onto any of the Elder Scrolls or Fallout games. Simply because I prefer an unmodified, unaltered, pure experience.

And besides, other Bethesda-published titles are generally not open to modification to the same degree as Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

You know,  there are mods that either simply fix bugs,  improve UI experiences,  improve graphics without modifying the vanilla style,  etc. right? Apart from just "not being arsed", I struggle to see why someone would want to avoid any and all mods...

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

22 hours ago, TheCovertCamper said:

I personally have a few story mods for Skyrim (to lengthen the awesome gameplay) and I also have a good amount of visual mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4 (i.e. black anodized PipBoy, 4k grass textures, etc.)

Why do you have 4k grass textures? Do you stare so close at grass that you literally are seeing less than half the texture? Waste of gpu resources, imo. I'd rather allocate that to higher textures for an object you'd actually notice the difference in,  or lighting mods...

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

9 minutes ago, BobbyG2 said:

You know,  there are mods that either simply fix bugs,  improve UI experiences,  improve graphics without modifying the vanilla style,  etc. right? Apart from just "not being arsed", I struggle to see why someone would want to avoid any and all mods...

I don't entirely avoid mods. I do use ones like DSfix for Dark Souls. Ones like those I will use happily.

But everything else I don't bother with. Like I say, I only play games in as pure a state as possible.

I mean, it comes from being a developer. If you see something you don't like as a developer, you think of ways in which you can change it.

In the case of Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, I haven't installed a single mod simply because I haven't needed to. My experience hasn't been hampered in such a way that would require me to install any sort of mod to fix anything. I like it how it is.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Tahiti still has the most power. I'm glad. :>

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

18 minutes ago, BobbyG2 said:

Why do you have 4k grass textures? Do you stare so close at grass that you literally are seeing less than half the texture? Waste of gpu resources, imo. I'd rather allocate that to higher textures for an object you'd actually notice the difference in,  or lighting mods...

I have 4k grass mods because grass is the most abundant texture in the game and the game looks like shit if it's all blurry. I still get over 120 FPS anyways so it doesn't matter to me.

Wow openGL, I have never seen a game made on this API and Doom no less. 

19 hours ago, Xorbot said:

From any other company, I'd say perhaps.  From id, I wouldn't count on it....

hopes-deleted-300x169.gif

The only game from ID that has an fps lock is rage and that was due to limitations of the id tech 5 engine. There is still hope.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*