4k tv hdmi concerns

Kirby3499

So I'm looking to get a 4k tv to go in my room and hook up my pc to it to game but my desk is on the other side of the room and I was wondering if I get a 15m hdmi 2.0 cable would I be able to have it function without any lag or other issues  

You will experience any noticeable latency that is caused by the cable.

Does you GPU support HDMI 2.0? Does your TV Support HDMI 2.0?

What is your computer's specs?

15m is very long...how huge is your room?

try to get something a bit shorter or youre going to have to pay a lot for a good quality cable that can send a full 4k 60Hz signal that far

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IBRA%C2%AE-Speed-Cable-Version-18Gbps/dp/B0069NO1DY

Amazon have one

I read somewhere that after 25ft (7.6m) it depends on the material the cable is manufactured from. Good quality material give the best results. Though I suspect they cost a lot more.

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

22 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You will experience any noticeable latency that is caused by the cable.

Does you GPU support HDMI 2.0? Does your TV Support HDMI 2.0?

What is your computer's specs?

The tv supports 2.0 and my specs are 

i7 4790k at 4.9ghz

Asus strix gtx 980ti

8gb ddr 1600mhz

Also be aware that almost all 4k tv's have higher input lag than most pc monitors, the lowest being the Vizio M series at 18ms (or one frame). Plus you'll have to check that the TV you're buying has full 4.4.4 chroma support on a pc connection, many don't, such as the Vizio M series mention previously, also full chroma support will add yet more input lag but is necessary for full colour range/accuracy .

As far as I'm aware the best TV with 4.4.4 chroma and lowest input lag is the Samsung JU7500 lineup with 37ms of input lag (just over 2 frames). 

Personally I don't think 4k TV's are ready for PC gaming yet, unless you're a casual gamer or playing with a controller. Any game that requires accurate aiming will be awful.