broken hardware breaking other hardware?

darkspeedy26
Go to solution Solved by darkspeedy26,
1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

If you can run a virus scan, that will be a much safer and much less tedious task just to double check. If you can pull the drive, plug it in to a stable computer (I like to use sata to USB adapters for this) and run a scan from there.

make sure you back up all your data

installed windows 10 on an old unused hard drive, unplugged other drives, no problems so far. I will manage from here, many thanks 

hey everyone,

I got some wierd and consistent freezes, please help:

-about my system thats on my profile (was watercooled with a gtx770, ivy bridge i5 3570K,...)

-about parents pc: i5 3570K (same model as mine, but other mobo)

-every hardware change had a fresh install of windows on its bootdrive , mobo, cpu and cpu cooler of the 2 systems were always held together in the swapping

errors i had:

- wierd artifacts, even on desktop (did see it sooner on desktop than in osu! (simple 2D game),  IIRC the pixels were shown on the wrong place -> bought a gtx980Ti and new psu ( rm750i) and case -> works for about 2 months

- pc froze (freezes in windows, can still move mouse and click non reacting buttons for a while, after a couple minutes only mouse moving, weeks after that: mobo couldnt find the boot drive)  ->tought mobo and/or cpu must have died as well-> swapped mobo and cpu and boot ssd with parents pc -> works again for about 2 months

- i am having the freezing problem again (windows keeps stable ish for about 2 - 5 minutes for now) -> 

the only problem i can think is that my initial system infected components of my parents or new components

any advice/ help/more information needed?

thanks,

darkspeedy26

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Likely a PSU issue

EDIT: Or a board/HDD issue

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

6 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Likely a PSU issue

EDIT: Or a board/HDD issue

so basicaly its likely that its anything except gpu/cpu/ram, correct?

EDIT: still pretty vague

Edited by darkspeedy26

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

The freezes could be caused by some corrupted operating system files. If you can, back up your information, format and reinstall Windows. I don't think it's a hardware issue, otherwise you would have trouble getting the system to boot or even post. Good luck.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

The freezes could be caused by some corrupted operating system files. If you can, back up your information, format and reinstall Windows. I don't think it's a hardware issue, otherwise you would have trouble getting the system to boot or even post. Good luck.

thanks, ill try to reinstall windows and ill report back

6 minutes ago, darkspeedy26 said:

thanks, ill try to reinstall windows and ill report back

If you can run a virus scan, that will be a much safer and much less tedious task just to double check. If you can pull the drive, plug it in to a stable computer (I like to use sata to USB adapters for this) and run a scan from there.

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

installed windows 10 on an old unused hard drive, unplugged other drives, no problems so far. I will manage from here, many thanks 

1 hour ago, darkspeedy26 said:

Yeah sounds like it was a corrupted operating system file or something. 

ASU