Gigabyte replacing my R9 280x for either R9 380 4GB or GTX 960 4GB?!?!

jpnmusic2

Hello. This is pretty much a follow-up on my old thread. Here's my old one. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/546446-gigabyte-replacing-my-r9-280x-for-an-r9-380-g1-4g/

After almost two weeks, they've offered me a different product. This time, a GTX 960 4GB.... As far as I know, both the R9 380 4GB and GTX 960 4GB aren't better than the R9 280x.. What should I do? Please do read the first thread I made to understand that it's not just one or two RMA. I don't even know what to say. No matter what test I check, the R9 280x demolishes the GTX 960. Should I just call them ONCE AGAIN and tell them that it's just ridiculous how they're offering me such a downgrade? I'm sick and tired of all that.

Link to the video comparing the R9 280x 3GB vs GTX 960 2GB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWABNJi6Rc

Link to the card they're offering me.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5507#ov

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

You should not accept that level of downgrade. You deserve a 380x. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Lol gigabyte is stupid. Don't let them give anything worse than you have had before. Then sell it and buy some other brand.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

First off dont accept the downgrade

Second off gigabyte are assholes so if posting on reddit and shit doesnt work get the 380

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

At least they are working with you??   Powercolor just keeps sending me cards without asking...

I had a 290 with PCS+ cooler, they sent me a 290x reference that sounds like a jet engine...  They told me to send it back if i was unhappy so I did.  They told me this time they would replace it with a 290 PCS+ like i had before BUT they told me last month they had no more 290PCS+ cards which is why they sent me the reference 290x....  Yet today I got a shipping notification that my card was sent???  What did they send me?  I guess I find out Tuesday...

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

2 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

Lol gigabyte is stupid. Don't let them give anything worse than you have had before. Then sell it and buy some other brand.

Calling them right now. I'll tell them straight up. Took two weeks for them to tell them that instead of an R9 380, they offer me a GTX 960. I've been struggling to play games since August 2015 because every month I've had to send the card, which takes a month from the moment it leaves my house to get it back. I'm really pissed honestly. At least offer me an R9 380x, or hell, an R9 390/970 as compensation for all the time WASTED for their incompetence.

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

1 minute ago, App4that said:

And yet in the same sub section of this forum we have to explain why not to buy a Gigabyte almost daily. 

Same thing was said about Powercolor... I chose to believe I would be the lucky one... I lost that Lotto just like i did with my 4790k overclocking...

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

And yet in the same sub section of this forum we have to explain why not to buy a Gigabyte almost daily. 

Bought it for 150$. I didn't expect it to be that bad though. I knew it had problems, but it had warranty so I was "ok no problem, send it and theyll send u new one back", but obviously not. 

1 minute ago, jpnmusic2 said:

Bought it for 150$. I didn't expect it to be that bad though. I knew it had problems, but it had warranty so I was "ok no problem, send it and theyll send u new one back", but obviously not. 

Not your fault. Gigabyte has crap customer service, this forum is full of proof to that. But we still have those that push them as a brand to buy. 

The GTX 960 4GB.

The R9 380Xs from Gigabyte & ASUS have a notoriously awful BIOS and cooler design.

Just now, MagnesiumPC said:

The GTX 960 4GB.

The R9 380Xs from Gigabyte & ASUS have a notoriously awful BIOS and cooler design.

I just called Gigabyte and I do think they'll give me an R9 380x. As soon as I'll get the graphics card I'll sell it. 

2 minutes ago, MagnesiumPC said:

The GTX 960 4GB.

Even a Gigabyte 380x will curb stomp any 960 and take its milk money.

For the 12 minutes it runs before it over heats and kills the GPU.

Had to Google Curb Stomp since I've never heard of this in Quebec haha. Oh well. Hopefully they'll give me something that's bloody decent so I can just sell it. How's MSI or XFX? Are they good? I've always liked MSI, and I've had an XFX R9 280x DD (which was flawless), so. 

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Not your fault. Gigabyte has crap customer service, this forum is full of proof to that. But we still have those that push them as a brand to buy. 

ASUS is even worse

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

3 minutes ago, jpnmusic2 said:

Had to Google Curb Stomp since I've never heard of this in Quebec haha. Oh well. Hopefully they'll give me something that's bloody decent so I can just sell it. How's MSI or XFX? Are they good? I've always liked MSI, and I've had an XFX R9 280x DD (which was flawless), so. 

For AMD go MSI or Sapphire. MSI for overclocking and Sapphire for the cooler.

33 minutes ago, ryanmmax said:

At least they are working with you??   Powercolor just keeps sending me cards without asking...

I had a 290 with PCS+ cooler, they sent me a 290x reference that sounds like a jet engine...  They told me to send it back if i was unhappy so I did.  They told me this time they would replace it with a 290 PCS+ like i had before BUT they told me last month they had no more 290PCS+ cards which is why they sent me the reference 290x....  Yet today I got a shipping notification that my card was sent???  What did they send me?  I guess I find out Tuesday...

Definitely would look to get off of Powercolor if I were you. You aren't the only one having these problems. :)

1 hour ago, MtArk3 said:

Definitely would look to get off of Powercolor if I were you. You aren't the only one having these problems. :)

wana buy a GPU???

2 hours ago, ryanmmax said:

wana buy a GPU???

If this is a serious offer, than I have to decline haha. I'm running an Asus GTX 970 right now.

Just now, MtArk3 said:

If this is a serious offer, than I have to decline haha. I'm running an Asus GTX 970 right now.

No not serious... well not yet anyway, well see what shows up in the mail on monday,  Maybe it will be a 390x with the good cooler, LOL or more likely a 280

4 minutes ago, ryanmmax said:

No not serious... well not yet anyway, well see what shows up in the mail on monday,  Maybe it will be a 390x with the good cooler, LOL or more likely a 280

That's pretty rough, man. If it ends up being lousy, I'll go ahead and shoot some people with nice, fat wallets your ways. ;)

Edit: disappointing side note, but I just realized how funny that comment was. Went right over my head first time I read it.

4 hours ago, App4that said:

For AMD go MSI or Sapphire. MSI for overclocking and Sapphire for the cooler.

Sapphire isnt good too. Just look at their forum. Besides my own experience which people seem to doubt I have yet to find a single person that has used their warranty and liked the experience.

OP dont forget to reply to my warranty thread

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

41 minutes ago, ryanmmax said:

390 at most. 290 PCS+ at least. PowerColor ain't like MSI. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case