how to get a 3tb hdd to work on a asus rampage 2 exstream

hey so my 2tb hdd work fine but its make some nose and dont want to lose it. so i have this new wd 3.0TB WD30EZRX Green hdd and cant seem to get it to work.

i found this info http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=Rampage+II+Extreme&id=20120510224704441&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

and found this web site but https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel®+Rapid+Storage+Technology but just dont no which one there talking about. i have windows 7 64bit 

plz and thx

ps i dont care for raid i just want it for storage.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Its a BIOS board. Only UEFI goes beyond 2TB :( I understand as I have x58 platform also

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

2 minutes ago, multifrag said:

Its a BIOS board. Only UEFI can goes beyond 2TB :(

so what were they talking about then? the mico motherboard?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

so what were they talking about then? the mico motherboard?

They were talking about RAID and that it might work if you take 2x3TB raid them, but I can't imagine this working. The visual difference between Bios and UEFI is intuitive most driver UI when entering it. Somewhere after 2012 they started to mass produce UEFI into motherboards

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Check the BIOs and look under beta, some beta BIOS have support for 3TB+.

Here is an example... Read what the FE5 beta bios says.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3450#bios

3 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Check the BIOs and look under beta, some beta BIOS have support for up to 4TB.

so would that be a tab or were on the bios would i find that? the thing is if you plug it in for a few second its pops up in your windows explorer and in the bios it kinda shows up.

No idea, on Asus website I guess. I revised my post and posted you a link so you can look at a Gigabyte one and see what that does, you will need to look it up on Asus and hopefully they have something similar for your board that offers support.

7 minutes ago, multifrag said:

Its a BIOS board. Only UEFI goes beyond 2TB :( I understand as I have x58 platform also

If I'm not mistaken, BIOS does support drives over 2TB, but it does not support booting from GPT drives (which they need to be to be recognised as more than 2TB). UEFI can boot from GPT, but BIOS can only boot from MBR. 

If OP has another, lower than 2TB drive that he can use as a boot drive, then he should be able to have the boot drive as MBR and the 3TB drive as GPT. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If I'm not mistaken, BIOS does support drives over 2TB, but it does not support booting from GPT drives (which they need to be to be recognised as more than 2TB). UEFI can boot from GPT, but BIOS can only boot from MBR. 

If OP has another, lower than 2TB drive that he can use as a boot drive, then he should be able to have the boot drive as MBR and the 3TB drive as GPT. 

That's true

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Sounds like a good time to buy or borrow a friends backup usb drive and backup the data so he doesn't lose it and then to pick up a cheap SSD for a boot drive.

You can get a Kingston 128GB for like $44.

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

well mane hddr is a wd velociraptor 150gb and the 2tb is a storage drive and the new drive is 3tb (i at a mad scramble to try and save some data i just hooked up a 160gb ide driv... and a bad wd velociraptor 150gb (some time works and some time not... drive that im formatting at this moment.

3 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Sounds like a good time to buy or borrow a friends backup usb drive and backup the data so he doesn't lose it and then to pick up a cheap SSD for a boot drive.

You can get a Kingston 128GB for like $44.

ya or ied just buy another 2tb wd green hdd but i just got a job today so my buget is tight so it have to wate. if it wont work then ill try get as much data across all my hdd's i have /computers and i draged a music play list to mt mane hdd and ill unplug the 2tb hdd untill i figer something out.

one more thing i just notic theres a spot on the drive for jumper but is unlabled. i no jumpers are old but dont no.

You dont Need to Jumper anything.
If the WD Raptor is your OS drive, simply go to Disk Management >> right-click on the 3TB drive >> Convert to GPT
Now it should be listed with the full amount of disk space.

Rampage II is X58 right?

4 Tb drives work on my RIIIE which I'm sure is a BIOS board too.

Linus is my fetish.

21 hours ago, Jacksy said:

You dont Need to Jumper anything.
If the WD Raptor is your OS drive, simply go to Disk Management >> right-click on the 3TB drive >> Convert to GPT
Now it should be listed with the full amount of disk space.

hmm this seems to be the answer but i lost my mane hdd today so got it up and running on another drive and when i was installing windows 7 i put the 3tb hdd as a partition and now i have 1 as 1.9tb 746Gb  94gb

i have the 3tb hdd hooked to the motherboard if i put it in an external enclosure will it still work?

21 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i have the 3tb hdd hooked to the motherboard if i put it in an external enclosure will it still work?

Sure but even slower if you use USB 2.0.
I also would not recommend the WD Green as an OS Partition.
The intellispeed Feature of the Green's slow down everything.

so the 3tb works in an external enclosure good news and the bad my computer died...

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so the 3tb works in an external enclosure good news and the bad my computer died...

What happened or what is it doing?

blue screen of death dint wright down anything and i tore it apart and its water cooled so maybe ill look it to it down the road.