Rumour: Nvidia Mobile Pascal Gpus To Debut At GTC, Launch In June ?

Mr_Troll

Nvidia Mobile Pascal Gpus To Debut At GTC, Launch In June?

Nvidia is reportedly preparing to debut its next generation Pascal graphics cards at GTC in April with a product launch at Computex in June. Let’s first start with the scheduled debut and demo at this upcoming GTC in April. Whispers have reached us of Nvidia planning to showcase a Pascal graphics card at the show for the very first time.

Nvidia GTC 2016 Pascal

In fact, a source claims that this will take place on April 5th during Nvidia’s CEO Jen-Hsun Huang’s keynote. A pascal graphics board will allegedly be showcased on stage during the keynote. This time we’re told that it’s not just going to be a prototype to visually demonstrate the form factor like last year, but actual working Pascal chips.

Nvidia potentialy planning a suprise pascal demo for GTC

Interestingly, all of Nvidia’s scheduled talks at GTC start with one or two alphabets and the digit six. That is they all follow this formula X6###. Where X is one or two letters, six is constant and # is a variable number. Keeping this in mind, the opening keynote of Nvidia’s CEO is given the variable 699

Nvidia GTC 2016 Jen-Hsun Huang Keynote

Moving on the second tidbit dealing with Pascal’s actual arrival to market. This one comes directly from sweclockers.com where the site claims that Nvidia is planning to launch its very first lineup of Pascal graphics cards at Computex in June.  This launch will specifically be for the mobility lineup going into gaming notebooks. Swerclockers makes no mention of when we should expect desktop Pascal graphics cards but the site goes on to claim that Nvidia is facing challenges bringing Pascal up to speed on TSMC’s 16nm FinFET which they say will in all liklihood throw a wrench in the company’s plans.

The plan to introduce the mobility lineup in mid June has reportedly been set in motion but could face delays owing to the ambiguity of Pascal’s readiness.  As such the probability of a paper launch in Computex or a postponement the launch entirely to a later date is described as being “great” the site reports.

The reports of Nvidia wanting to launch its chips on the mobile side first are likely grounded in reality. The company will want to deliver mobile Pascal products on time for the OEMs’ product refresh cycle before in the back to school season which spans July to September.

To a great extent a similar limitation does not exist for desktop PCs for a variety of factors. For one the AIB market commands the lion’s share of the desktop graphics market. Additionally OEMs have much greater flexibility switching out graphics cards in their desktop products. This means that we might be looking at market availability of desktop Pascal graphics cards around Q3 to Q4 of this year.

Looking at the toyota guy in keynote poster ... it looks like....  they are going to be talking about pascal for cars again. pls not again.

Source:http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/21783-nvidia-geforce-pascal-till-computex-2016

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-debut-gtc-2016-launch-june/

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

With that Nvidia 980m scandal.... this is welcome.

If they talk about cars again though....

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I dont care who it is, AMD or Nvidia, someone release something. The wait is killing me and I want to know what the future smells like.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'm willing to wait. I'll wait however long I need to for the Titan/Ti Pascal card. My 980 Ti is not going to stop performing like a champ. I want the new tech but rather they work the kinks out first.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I mean, I would love to have a pascal GPU in my next laptop (I really want it for my desktop tho) but I will not hold my breath. There are non stop reports of them having problems with the node shrink which is understandable. we will see

2 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

I'm willing to wait. I'll wait however long I need to for the Titan/Ti Pascal card. My 980 Ti is not going to stop performing like a champ. I want the new tech but rather they work the kinks out first.

I'm sitting on 4gb 680's and I upgraded to a 34" ultrawide and they do show their age. Realy want a pair of 1080ti's

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Interesting although I feel this mostly be about HPC and the Auto industry just by looking at the list of talks. 

Also, I don't see the significance of mentioning the S6699. Did you add that just to make your post look fuller?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

What 980m scandal?

39 minutes ago, RZeroX said:

What 980m scandal?

Nvidia's CEO held up a Drive PX2 board at CES that allegedly had two Pascal GPUs on it. However, the two Pascal GPUs that were on there were component for component identical to gtx 980m modules. As well, the date codes on the GPU would mean that the GPU was produced in early 2015 when TSMC 16nm was being finalized, which would make no sense. Therefore it seems Pascal was not on that board and instead it was the 980m. Many (including myself) believe that Pascal silicon was not ready then yet and so Nvidia had to fake it (like what they did with Fermi).

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Nvidia's CEO held up a Drive PX2 board at CES that allegedly had two Pascal GPUs on it. However, the two Pascal GPUs that were on there were component for component identical to gtx 980m modules. As well, the date codes on the GPU would mean that the GPU was produced in early 2015 when TSMC 16nm was being finalized, which would make no sense. Therefore it seems Pascal was not on that board and instead it was the 980m. Many (including myself) believe that Pascal silicon was not ready then yet and so Nvidia had to fake it (like what they did with Fermi).

*Product shown is not final, and is subject to change without prior notice.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

1 hour ago, shermantanker said:

*Product shown is not final, and is subject to change without prior notice.

The point of that demo was to really show that the tech physically exists. Its supposed to be a move to boost PR.. they're saying "Look, we made this awesome new product that uses Pascal and its right here for everyone to see", but its just a lie to deceive the public which I personally find disturbing.

With that said I really hope they aren't having issues with the new process shrink, the GPU industry needs to keep advancing.

18 minutes ago, zberry7 said:

The point of that demo was to really show that the tech physically exists. Its supposed to be a move to boost PR.. they're saying "Look, we made this awesome new product that uses Pascal and its right here for everyone to see", but its just a lie to deceive the public which I personally find disturbing.

With that said I really hope they aren't having issues with the new process shrink, the GPU industry needs to keep advancing.

Yeah I know it is a questionable move, but was just being sarcastic. And my guess is that they were having issues with the shrink. It seems like everyone is having delays now that we are closely reaching the peak of what silicon is capable of doing.

Considering the Toyota guest speaker, I doubt we will see a consumer gpu, but rather their driving computer in some shape or form. Maybe this time it won't be a maxwell chip on there?

There's no way we will see a titan in march though. And I do believe nvidia will launch later than amd. Only exception would be an nvidia paper launch on a super expensive limited titan no one will get for months after the paper launch anyways.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

9 hours ago, corsairian said:

I cant wait. I am in dire need of a new graphics card...

What will you be getting ? I want 1070 (hopefully a 4gb card and not 3.5).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider already needs more than 4GB vram for highest texture setting. I would never buy a 14/16nm card with only 4GB.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, Notional said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider already needs more than 4GB vram for highest texture setting. I would never buy a 14/16nm card with only 4GB.

Single player games i dont care for. 

I only game at 1080p and will for next few years so I shouldnt run into vram limitations. If i would then i will decrease details, not a biggy. Im 60% about keeping my min fps at 60 and 40% about graphics.

Also, im secretely hoping for 1070ti (guess it depends on AMD to push Nvidia).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

8 hours ago, Notional said:

My guess is the **60 will be 3-4gb, **70 6gb, **80 8gb, **80ti 12gb, Titan 16-32gb. I haven't look much at leaks so I could be off from those, all I know is the cap is 32gb or something. But I think that is overkill tbh.

22 hours ago, DocSwag said:

They're definitely gonna talk about cars. Unless they surprise me and slap me across the face with shiny new GPU for speaking lies. But I mean, June does sound like the usual time, just comparing to last year, if I remember correctly. I just can't wait for the new GPUs in general. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Gah. This wait is killing me. I just bought the Acer X34 predator, and my GTX 980 is struggling to drive games at 3440x1440.

June will be a glorious month though... i7-6900k + Pascal Titan.... I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

17 hours ago, Thony said:

If i were to buy today, 970 or 980. On pascal i would get whatever matches up with those. I think they may change the naming again because 1070 or 1080 sounds weird to me. 

The sooner the better, I want AMD to release first this year and Nvidia to trail behind.

F*ck you, Nvidia.

21 hours ago, Notional said:

Considering the Toyota guest speaker, I doubt we will see a consumer gpu, but rather their driving computer in some shape or form. Maybe this time it won't be a maxwell chip on there?

There's no way we will see a titan in march though. And I do believe nvidia will launch later than amd. Only exception would be an nvidia paper launch on a super expensive limited titan no one will get for months after the paper launch anyways.

Kinda hoping they would surprise us just like what they did with TItan X. I just can't wait to sell my current gpu and get the new gpus.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I am excited for this, I am thinking about selling a laptop and buying a new one with a 1060m. Should be around 970m right?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.