Best headset and DAC & AMP for games like CS:GO? Sennheiser G4ME ZERO , ONE, PC363 or HD598? FiiO E10k? Other suggestions welcome! Thanks in Advance!

RenzoRaptor
21 hours ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

The 598's have a larger soundstage.

Nah.

what about HD 558 + foam mod + V-Moda Boompro mod?

will work fine? external (usb) soundcard recommentations for that? 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

6 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

what about HD 558 + foam mod + V-Moda Boompro mod?

will work fine? external (usb) soundcard recommentations for that? 

You don't need a external soundcard for that at all.

I don't get why people always want to get external soundcards when their onboard works fine. Why do you want to mod the hd 558 and I am not sure that the boompro works with the hd 558 just because you can plug it in doesn't mean that it will work.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

14 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You don't need a external soundcard for that at all.

I don't get why people always want to get external soundcards when their onboard works fine. Why do you want to mod the hd 558 and I am not sure that the boompro works with the hd 558 just because you can plug it in doesn't mean that it will work.

i just want good sound, and i want that my mic runs with good sound too. From Youtube when you start watching videos about gaming headsets and mics like the Modmic 4.0 you learn that having it plugged via usb adapter drastically improves its sound. I guess thats why people asking this.

Ah well you need to mod the headphones to plug the v-moda boompro i guess.

On 20.1.2016 at 0:01 AM, SSL said:

Sennheiser HD 558
Good intro to "audiophile" open-back headphones. Balanced sound with slight mid-bass emphasis. Good soundstage. Removable 3.5mm cable, compatible with V-Moda Boompro mic with minor modification.

this is quoted from the audio boards recommended gear sticky.

ive found a video on this 

but no test ;(

I would just buy the game one, but i know the mic will break when i do use the mute function for a while. And i dont like the sound of this mic at all. Ive watched all videos with mic tests of the game one i could find on youtube. And for me it sounds robotic/dull dont know, the peoples voices testing it sounds different with this mic then there voices sound IRL. And a cheap 3euro mic can do better then that. So im not very interested in this shit.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Just now, DarkSmith2 said:

i just want good sound, and i want that my mic runs with good sound too. From Youtube when you start watching videos about gaming headsets and mics like the Modmic 4.0 you learn that having it plugged via usb adapter drastically improves its sound. I guess thats why people asking this.

Ah well you need to mod the headphones to plug the v-moda boompro i guess.

this is quoted from the audio boards recommended gear sticky.

ive found a video on this 

but no test ;(

I don't even know where to start now.

The only reason people use a usb soundcard is to remove the noise they have on their mic input and most people just buy some 5$ usb soundcard to do that. If you dont have noise when you listin to things with your headphones a usb soundcard will do jack shit for you it is like burning money. You might need an amp for some few headphones on the market but motherboards with high end sound on them can power really hard headphones. You fell for "oh a youtuber says it good to have a usb soundcard so it must improve something".

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I don't even know where to start now.

The only reason people use a usb soundcard is to remove the noise they have on their mic input and most people just buy some 5$ usb soundcard to do that. If you dont have noise when you listin to things with your headphones a usb soundcard will do jack shit for you it is like burning money. You might need an amp for some few headphones on the market but motherboards with high end sound on them can power really hard headphones. You fell for "oh a youtuber says it good to have a usb soundcard so it must improve something".

yea, thats what i mean. You see something on youtube try to learn something but the only thing your brain filters is "a USB soundcard must be mandatory" for good mic sound. ^^

while im would like an external soundcard that improves all of my sound. I dont like internal soundcards. Went once through hell with it 10 years ago. It made everything worse instead of enhancing anything. From reviews on amazon on other stuff you read the same stuff for todays soundcards, ie bad drivers / "strange malfunctioning, i dont know the word" sounds . Pretty sad ;(

yea, thats what i mean. You see something on youtube try to learn something but the only thing your brain filters is "a USB soundcard must be mandatory" for good mic sound. ^^

while im would like an external soundcard that improves all of my sound. I dont like internal soundcards. Went once through hell with it 10 years ago. It made everything worse instead of enhancing anything. From reviews on amazon on other stuff you read the same stuff for todays soundcards, ie bad drivers / "strange malfunctioning, i dont know the word" sounds . Pretty sad ;(

It will not improve your sound unless you have noise in your sound or something else wrong with it.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

It will not improve your sound unless you have noise in your sound or something else wrong with it.

Yo sad. thank you for the information though.

Yo sad. thank you for the information though.

No problem man the best way to get the sound you want is by EQ and headphones that suit the kind of sound signature you like.

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

No problem man the best way to get the sound you want is by EQ and headphones that suit the kind of sound signature you like.

Yea and this is quite difficult, i dont really know what i like, how im supposed to?  I ran a steelseries siberia V2 since 2011 (!?). Now the mic cable is broken at the jacks and im just searching for something more advanced then this. From forum recommentations the Sennheiser Game One is king, but i cant understand why. I havnt heard the sound of it but ive heard what the mic does. And for me its an absolut nogo. My siberia v2 mic sounds in teamspeak3 or skype pretty close to my voice in real life. Every review i watched is hyping the game one mic and i cant understand why. They put in sound "demo's" compared to other mics and it sounds like trash.

Also im afraid i wont hear any difference between the Siberia V2 and any other Headset/Headphones without buying an internal soundcard or something ;(

Well the Superlux headphones i had sounded a little different with my onboard sound but really close to it x.X

Yea and this is quite difficult, i dont really know what i like, how im supposed to?  I ran a steelseries siberia V2 since 2011 (!?). Now the mic cable is broken at the jacks and im just searching for something more advanced then this. From forum recommentationts the Sennheiser Game One is king, but i cant understand why. I havnt heard the sound of it but ive heard what the mic does. And for me its an absolut nogo. My siberia v2 mic sounds in teamspeak3 or skype pretty close to my voice in real life. Every review i watched is hyping the game one mic and i cant understand why. They put in sound "demo's" compared to other mics and it sounds like trash.

Also im afraid i wont hear any difference between the Siberia V2 and any other Headset/Headphones without buying an internal soundcard or something ;(

Well the Superlux headphones i had sounded a little different with my onboard sound but really close to it x.X

If you want to find what kind of signature you like go try as many different headphones and headsets as you can. 

• 3 months later...

I would recommend any HyperX headphone for cs go. You don't need to spend a large amount of money for a headphone. You can also check out what pros using from here (don't consider the sponsors, some pros are using their own gear)